Question About Equipmeny?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

THE_AXEL

Reaction score
Hi,
Ok I have my suit, Goggles, Fins, now hwo much would the rest cost? I also wanted advice on what octopuses I should get? BC? TANKS?

Thanks

I am very new to the hobby myself, but I've recently just got through with buying my initial equipment. That is octo,two tanks,bc, wet suit,gloves,boots etc. The total cost came to about 3 grand. I don't know, but as far as hobby's go, 3 grand for equipment isn't really too bad.

THE_AXEL:
Hi,
Ok I have my suit, Goggles, Fins, now hwo much would the rest cost? I also wanted advice on what octopuses I should get? BC? TANKS?

Thanks

Somewhere between $150 and $1,500.

I realize that sounds flippant but it really depends on what you want. My reg Mares Proton Metal) cost $399 my daughters (Mares Proton) cost $198. My BC $399 Zeagle Brigade (Scubatoys.com exclusive) Octo's cost $84 (Proton Octo) I use a computer $599 (Aeris Atmos AI) whereas my daughter uses analog gauges $99

Of course there are regs out there that go for over $1,000. My advice, although others will criticize me for "not supportting my LDS" is to go to Scubatoys.com or scuba.com. Both of these sights are authorized dealers and you will get a full manufacturer's warranty. I saved over $1,000 on the above setups.

BTW, I paid less than $3,000 for TWO complete setups at ScubaToys.com

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom