Question about Licenses

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
I am planning to get my scuba license with Scuba Schools International (SSI). Do anyone knows if they are Worldwide recognized. I do not know alot about them.

Is SSI the same than PADY?

Please let me know

Sebastian

SSI and Padi are different...i am not going to say which is better because frankly I don't have a flame retardant suit lying around. Both are internationally recognized.

sfernandez27:
I am planning to get my scuba license with Scuba Schools International (SSI). Do anyone knows if they are Worldwide recognized. I do not know alot about them.

Please let me know

Sebastian

The agencies you referenced are recognized worldwide for scuba certifications.

--Matt

sfernandez27:

Please let me know

Sebastian
both of them out on the internet, perhaps, using Yahoo or Google to find them. Both have decent web sites.

lord1234:
SSI and Padi are different...i am not going to say which is better because frankly I don't have a flame retardant suit lying around. Both are internationally recognized.

Now that is funny!
:D

edit: The flame retardant suit that is...

sfernandez27:
I am planning to get my scuba license with Scuba Schools International (SSI).

Well if your planning on gettting a license your going to have a long wait... as they only give out certificates :)

rstone:
Well if your planning on gettting a license your going to have a long wait... as they only give out certificates :)

I didn't get a certificate, I just get a laminated card with my picture taking by one of those broken cameras that always make me look so ugly. You would think with all those 2000.00 complete dive systems that my LDS sells, they could afford a decent camera.

On the other hand, it is a license. It's a license to learn!

Kriterian:
On the other hand, it is a license. It's a license to learn!
Zaphod, were you my flight examiner years ago? Do they say that after your ATP ride also?

Both are recognized in some shape form or fashion. Talk to a number of people that you know are divers and if possible have them go with you to talk to an instructor and find someone you like and think you can learn from.

Bill51:
Zaphod, were you my flight examiner years ago? Do they say that after your ATP ride also?

I assume you're talking to me and Zaphod is a reference to my Hitchhiker's Guide quote in my sig.

I hope I wasn't your flight examiner because the only time I've been in a plane is going back and forth from NC to Florida, hehe. I hear the quote here on SB alot, almost as much as "I'm not trying to start a flame war or make people mad but is DIR....", and decided it was appropriate here.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom