Question about logging hull-cleans

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dr.Clean

Registered
Reaction score
I plan on beginning work in march or april, cleaning hulls. Should I log these to use as experience when applying for commercial diving jobs after I attend a school? I don't plan on going to a school for another 2 years. Military diving is also an option I'm considering right now. And, if I should log these can anyone recommend a log book I should purchase? or maybe a PDF that I can use to put in a 3-ring binder.

Most hull cleaning will not take you to a recordable depth with a computer unless you're cleaning the hull of a cruiseship.

If you are using the dives as evidence towards some sort of commercial venture I would not include anything that had me near or at the surface.

Will you be at or below a full body length in depth?

Most hull cleaning will not take you to a recordable depth with a computer unless you're cleaning the hull of a cruiseship.

If you are using the dives as evidence towards some sort of commercial venture I would not include anything that had me near or at the surface.

Will you be at or below a full body length in depth?

Yeah. I should be that deep. But, I'm not going to log it with a computer. Just in a log-book as a cleaning or something. Now that I think about it, I'm going to do it either way. But, could this possibly be used as experience? I will have a tender, and may end up working for a company that does hull-cleanings.

Really? Not SOP in the hull cleaning biz.

I was going to be leaving my tank topside and using a long hose. But, I guess taking my tank with me might be better, if it has been working for so long.

I was going to be leaving my tank topside and using a long hose. But, I guess taking my tank with me might be better, if it has been working for so long.
No, you do not want to be wearing the tank under the boats you're working on. Leave it topsides. But you said you were going to be working with a tender. That is not SOP in the hull cleaning biz, regardless of how you manage your air supply.

No, you do not want to be wearing the tank under the boats you're working on. Leave it topsides. But you said you were going to be working with a tender. That is not SOP in the hull cleaning biz, regardless of how you manage your air supply.

Oh okay. I guess i'll go without a tender then.

Back
Top Bottom