question about Mares Isotherm

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rafal1676

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I have question about this semi dry wet suit to Zak or owners of model 2010.
I have model 2009 and model 2010 which i bought at Leisure Pro. I was surprised when I received model 2010 because neoprene is much thiner than in model 2009 ( both are 6.5mm). there is no internal bib like in older model.Another thing is that Mares logos on the chest and on the hood are in dark grey color instead of white.Last thing when I look on the web for pictures of mares ishoterm 6.5mm 2010 the colors of this suit are black with red accent Mares 2010 6.5mm Isotherm Semi Dry Jumpsuit 482049 with reviews at scuba.com , but my model 2010 is whole black (no red at all.).So my question: did Leisure Pro sold me some Chinese counterfeit product or photos on the web show something else.Thank You Rafal.

Last edited:
Having recently gone through some research into this very topic, my understanding from Mares (via my local dive shop) is that the 2010 model no longer has the bib, or Twin Protection system as they used to call it. As for the colour, the US market does have a Black/Grey suit. I'm not sure if this is in addition to the Black/Red or not, but the 2010 Mares Catalogue shows both colour combinations.

Having previously owned a 2006 Isotherm which also had the bib, I was specifically wanting this same feature, and for me it was a deal-breaker. I did however finally manage to locate a 2009 model in Australia, and had it shipped to me.

Hello -
I've read your post and see that you describe your 2010 Mares Isotherm from LeisurePro as all-black with gray, rather than white writing. I'm just curious about the actual color though, because in the photo on the LeisurePro website, the suit actually appear dark/navy blue. Is this not the case?

Many thanks for your response.

Back
Top Bottom