Question about reefm mini & wide angle lens

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

donnad

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
hi all , i'm in little cayman, having a good time. question.....i'm having trouble attaching the mini wide angle lens because the flash deflector is kinda in the way. ya know where the flash defl. curves over the top of the camera lens? well, that's where it's just a little in the way of being able to snap the wide angle lens on. anyone else have this problem and what did you do? so i've just been shooting w/out the wide angle lens thus far. please hurry if you have advice for me. have 3 dives tomorrow and 2 on friday morning, then we come home on saturday. thanks all.

Are you using 2 flashes? If so, make sure that the left-handed flash is mounted directed under the camera and the right-handed is mounted under the leaft-handed flash. If it is not set-up that way, the deflector will sit too low and interfere with the lens. If is set up correctly the lens area should not be obstructed by the deflector. Hope that helps.

Happy Diving!
Bjorn

We have a new Sealife Rep?! :)

Donnad: Make sure the deflector is pushed all the way on to the base. If not, the Lens will seem like it won't attach. Push the deflector all the way back on the flash base. They it should work.

thanks all. i do have the deflector pushed all the way onto the base. denise, i will try what you said, putting the lens on first, but you're supposed to "burp" the lens while underwater, and so, it doesn't sound like you'd be able to do the burp if you have to attach the lens first. seems like if they had made the deflector just a little smaller on that upper curve, that it wouldn't be an issue. i'll report back, but probably not until i return home. will get home very very late on saturday. having a great time, very nice diving here. thanks again,d

I just purchased a Reefmaster about a week ago then went and got the flash yesterday. I practiced in the shop pool. I also noticed it difficult to put the lens on with the flash set up. But it did go on for me, just had to sort of use the lens to push the deflector then push it in to seat it. not easy like without the deflector.

I hope it works for you. If not maybe another deflector would seat slightly different.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom