Question about setting the Ikelite Manual Contoller for Preflash

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RussR

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi,

I bought an Ikelite EV Manual Controller on EBay and it came without the Manual, and the manual does not seem to be available online.

I want to change the settings to work with preflash, I think - the internal flash is firing a millisecond before the strobe - Is that normal?

The ikelite site says that the setting can be changed to P or p with a slash - I see the markings but have no idea how to change the setting? Is it under the metal screw? I opened that but was not sure where the switches should be

If any one has this controller and can help or point out where the manual can be viewed I would appreciate it

Thanks

I guess I skipped the first sentence, probably a little sleepy.

Its a litte confusing because once you open the silver plug the switiches have different markings (on and 3g and sda02 and 2)

But I suppose as long as the one is in the direction of the P that should be ok

I am using the DS-50

Thanks

Scubydoobydoo:
..........(on and 3g and sda02 and 2).................

Wow!

I haven't heard of or seen those designations inside an EV manual controller. I have seen the "A-D" and the "P, [-]P[/-], DS 50 or DS 125" choice options, depending upon age ( my first one had the a-d..........subsequent one had the latter).

You can test the switch settings on land. The actual placement of the switch settings on the two versions I have used are consistent..........only the naming was changed.............I'd look at one of the online image configurations and mimic the placement of those settings and test.............

or a quick email to ikelite...........where I'd be surprised if they didn't also send you an updated manual should you request one.............

hth,
b

To confirm that you have the right setting just point the camera and strobe at a mirror and take a picture - if you can see the strobe flash in the resulting image you have it set correctly.

AndyT:
To confirm that you have the right setting just point the camera and strobe at a mirror and take a picture - if you can see the strobe flash in the resulting image you have it set correctly.

I got it set up properly now. Cant wait to try this setup in the water

Thanks for the help.

Back
Top Bottom