question about slinging a stage bottle

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Panga Man

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
Is it normal to get some swing forwards and backwards with your tanks while while doing a frog kick? This really bugs the **** out of me, its like when i kick half of my momentum is absorbed when the tank swings back. I have tried to get every thing as tight to my body as I can but still get the swing.

Any suggestions?

BTW, its a 30cf attached to my left shoulder and left waist d ring.

Thanks

It's normal. Unless you have a rigid mount, there will always be some swing to your bottles when you start or stop forward motion.

If it bugs you, get a scooter :D

sounds like the rigging might be a little slack. pics?

Blackwood- Perfect Solution!! However not in the cards right now!

Here are some pics of my set up

photo-5.jpg

Yeah, that's as tight of a sling as you can get. I think you may just be extra sensitive about the motion. It's normal.

Personally I only feel the swing if I'm really trying to put some hard momentum into my kick. If I'm just doing a slow, relaxing kick (which is the way I like it when I'm slinging bottles), I don't notice the bottles. But then, I'm not in a hurry (if I am, I do as Blackwood said and use a scooter). So, a possible suggestion might be to ease off on the kicks just a bit.

1+ for the above.

Your Al30 looks like a carbon copy of the rigging on my Al30, in fact if anything, you are rigged a hair "tighter" than mine.... anyway, Rick nailed it: I get some swinging 'n swaying with hard kicks, but none with easy kicks.

Best wishes.

Yours looks to be even tighter than I have mine (either 30 or 80). Is your harness too loose? That will cause all sorts of other problems though. You will get some swinging, it is normal. Just try to take it easy, it's not a race.

Also, on another topic... Can you see that button gauge easily while underwater? I find them so hard to read.. and i have good eyes! A small spg with a 6" hose, bent around works really nicely.

ive got a basic 2" webbing harness and if it was any tighter i would not be able to get out of it!

I guess I will just have to slow down and get used to it hanging there.

Since I took that pic I added a regular spg with a 6" hose tied up to the top. The button was to damn hard to read!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom