Question for Drager Users

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Diver Dude:
Scubanimal,
Did you dive with a 19 bailout?
When you shifted the 50 over to acomodate the 19 did you feel the 50 stuck out to far as to create entanglement problems?
Congratulations on your class!

This last weekend I did dives with both the 19 and a 13. Yes the 19 sticks out quite a bit as I am still using the factory bag. And yes since I was diving in heavy kelp it was a nuisance. I picked up a 19 bag and when I get a 13 bag, I'll replace the factory bag and mount them lower. With the factory bag the 50 was fine. I'll let you know if I have any issues when I mount the new bag. I also switched between using a dry suit and wetsuit. With the wetsuit I was only using a couple hundred psi on the 13. And after 3 dives still had 2200 psi in it, plenty for bailing out in the environment I was in.
I used the 19 when the safety margin I wanted warranted it. The boat/dive shop did the wrong mix, and a short fill (32% @ 2200) on my 28cu ft tank. So having the 19 was a nice comfort, knowing I could have made it back to the boat without having to surface or rush. Otherwise I would have had to change my dive plan. ( I just added a profile pic from the trip) The bailout in the pic is a 13 (&50) and as you can see the bailout sticks out a bit (thought I have the unit twisted a bit in the shot), but the 50 is totally hidden.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom