Question for Interceptor121/Canon setting

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RichmondKYdiver

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Somewhere I saw your post about C1 & C2 settings for macro and wide angle, in my case, a canon G10. I am using an ikelite ttl strobe and would like to pre program the C1 & C2 settings for macro flash (AV or TV)and wide no flash (AV, TV or manual). For the life of me, I cannot find your prior post about the pre programed settings. Sorry, but care to share again. Thanks.

iirc, you have to set the flash on/off manually, but you can save the AV/TV and zoom settings. I can't remember if macro is saveable either.

You have to dial all the settings into your camera, and then "save" those settings under C1 or C2 in the menu function. So set to AV, move your zoom to the correct position, and then save in the menu.

Hope this helps, I don't have my camera in front of me.

Correction, my G11 WILL save macro/standard focus, and flash setting.

Move your dial to C1 or C2, choose your settings and then hit the MENU button and choose "Save Settings".

For macro I recommend manual f/8 1/250 or 1/500 and ISO 80
For wide there are 3 possible options depending on your lens, what have you got?
Remember to use the CHDK script so that you can use TTL in manual as performance in Av and Tv is poor on canon cameras for macro purposes

For macro I recommend manual f/8 1/250 or 1/500 and ISO 80
For wide there are 3 possible options depending on your lens, what have you got?
Remember to use the CHDK script so that you can use TTL in manual as performance in Av and Tv is poor on canon cameras for macro purposes

Sorry, Interceptor after I saw your post I realized I had you mixed up with someone else who is a Canon G series enthusiast and remembered you are not. Not to flame, to each his own. Thanks though and again, sorry.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom