Question for you Tobin, or anyone who can answer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

black1

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I have a DSS hogarthian system and a 20lb DSS lcd wing, is it possible to use both of these on an Aluminum diverite plate?

Thanks.

I have a DSS hogarthian system and a 20lb DSS lcd wing, is it possible to use both of these on an Aluminum diverite plate?

Thanks.

DSS wing are designed to work on DSS plates. The location of the the camband slots and the location of of the holes in the center channel relative to the location of the camband slots is likely to differ on 3rd party plates.

The is no "standards" for back plates, and most brands of plates have be revised at least once and often more than that.

Can a DSS wing be used on a 3rd party plate? Maybe. It may require a STA, or the camband slots might "sort of" line up but the rubber locators can't be used because the hole in the plate are in a different location relative to the camband slots.

Will it work as well as a DSS plate? Probably not. I simply cannot make a blanket statement about compatibility with 3rd part plates because I don't know what YOU consider acceptable, and I can't be certain exactly what plate you actually have.

I do know for a fact that a DSS wing works great with a DSS kydex plate, if you need a lighter weight plate.

Using DSS wings with 3rd party plates or DSS plates with 3rd party wings usually defeats at least some of the features designed into the DSS "system"

Tobin

Back
Top Bottom