Question of the day..

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I was nikon film above water, nikonos below water.
I bought an oly c-8080 as the other point and shoot cameras were too small to hold.

Looking very seriously at the Oly E330 with live view.
But been told that cannon autofocus is better than nikon or oly
AaaaaaaaaaaaaHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

decisions decisions

Please don't start me talk about housings and strobe options my little brain is frying already.

I went Canon when the 20D was released. I didn't have a significant investment in lenses then, and the 20D was the very best camera in the price range for close to 2 years. Now with the D80 and the D200, it is a very level playing field. After the Feb show, who knows. Now I have a decent stable of Canon glass and I don't feel a need to upgrade anytime soon.

I think that D70 seems to have opened up the market for new Nikon users by making an entry level DSLR more affordable. I've seen more Nikons of late than anything else.

my first cam was a nikon EM. I bought a nikon Dslr cause I thought it has superior handling features and lenses. Now I know better, it is the phtograper and not the cam that makes the diff.

ps -I'm minutes away from my second procedure.....

Unfortunately, the latest and baddest kick *** camera moniker has a life span of about 3 months...

I saw your nurses Caloy, I don't feel bad for you...:D

Ok, not trying to make this a canon vs nikon, but I think I'm in a similar situation as Jam in that I am looking to purchase my first dslr and very confused as to what to do, so I am very interested in these responces.
A friend of mine who has been photographing underwater professionally for many years seems to think that Canon has a slight edge for underwater, so I find it interesting that Jam found that Nikon seems to be the preferred on these boards.
Also, most of the reviews I have read always seem to have, "Nikon is closing the gap." or "has closed the gap." to Canon.
From the reviews, I get the impression that canon has better on camera processing, but I guess this doesn't matter if you are using RAW?
I may not be looking the right places, but I seem to be able to find more of the lenses you guys recommend for underwater for Canon and not so for the Nikon.
All the above have led me to believe that Canon might be the better choice, but to be honest, I have always had a liking for Nikon, thought it is not based on anything other that the first slr I lusted at was a Nikon.:D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom