Question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mundza

Registered
Reaction score
Im looking at purchasing some scuba gear ( Regs, BCD ) Mainly but im unsure of what brands are good. I am particularly intrested in CRESI as a brand. Basically im looking at speanding close to $2500 Australian on my BCD and reg set. What are some other brands maybe i should concider.

I know you can spent heaps on gear but im basically only looking for good reliable gear at this stage. Nothing that is going to be Super Hi Tech.

Can anyone make some reccomendations on what i should get ?
:06:

Mundza:
Im looking at purchasing some scuba gear ( Regs, BCD ) Mainly but im unsure of what brands are good. I am particularly intrested in CRESI as a brand. Basically im looking at speanding close to $2500 Australian on my BCD and reg set. What are some other brands maybe i should concider.

I know you can spent heaps on gear but im basically only looking for good reliable gear at this stage. Nothing that is going to be Super Hi Tech.

You don't say much about your experience, but, I can say this, rent rent rent and rent some more.

I know it seems like a pain to do that, but, it really is the best way. Hit as many shops as you can find and rent the different gear. Some of them actually rent what they sell and it is a really great way to find out if you like something.

The thing about buying scuba gear is, once you get it wet, you are stuck with it.

I had been very interested in buying a Zeagle BC, finally found someplace to rent one and decided I didn't like the weight pockets, so didn't buy it. It was great otherwise. I also rented a Zeagle reg and loved it. I have one on order.

Brian

I know this sounds a little weird but i dont like using second hand things / Used things hence why i wanna buy my own. I know exactly whats been done with it how its been treated etc.

But your advise is good and i might look into renting some gear.

Ive only just started diving. I have about 10 dives under my belt so im a real NOVICE

Thanks for your advise

I'm going to agree with brianwl - Its not about using 2nd hand things, but more the ability to try a variety of different peices of equipment before making a decision as to what fits you and your diving needs.

Mundza:

I follow the KISS principle. For more than 30 years, I have bought non-purge masks and snorkels, simple open heeled fins, non-adjustable 2nd stage regulators, and recently, jacket BCDs.

If you have a definite need for super expensive gear, then you should buy it. However, most new divers do not need this.

Most of my rubber gear is USD. Two Hawaii masks, a 25-year old snorkel, Comppro fins, original Blades fins, and Rocket fins. My daughter has similar (of course, I bought the stuff). We have one Seaquest, one Dacor Caribbean, and one Aqualung Wave BCD. I use a USD SE2 regulator with analog gages, she has a Mares R2 Axis regulator and analogs.

I have never had a gear failure. We dive in warm salt water, and this set of equipment works well for us.

Good luck.

Mundza:
Im looking at purchasing some scuba gear ( Regs, BCD ) Mainly but im unsure of what brands are good. I am particularly intrested in CRESI as a brand. Basically im looking at speanding close to $2500 Australian on my BCD and reg set.

I think if I sat down and looked around I'd have a tough time finding a BCD and REG that cost $2500 AUS. You better not look at anything less than top of the line if you wanna blow $2500

I have a CRESSI wet suit and I like it. I have heard that they have good BCD, but not a lot experience there. For the reg, looks for something else (I love my Aqualung Legend - not Legend LX, which would cost 100 Euros more)

Back
Top Bottom