Questions about Apeks Ultralight plate and Oxycheq Ultra Lite plate

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bom

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I think I want to buy another plate. I am looking at Apeks which looks great and Oxycheq which is about half price of Apeks but I have few questions about both plates. Do both plates have compatible durability and functionality? Is Oxycheq designed for single camband? (becauase I saw holes at the lower position only) For travel plate, do I have to cut the webbing into 2 pcs for L and R which differs from the ss b/p that use a single webbing? Lastly, for travel plate, should I use soft webbing or hard one like the one in ss b/p?

Thank you,

ultralight plate.jpg

Attachments

• ultp-green.jpg
    ultp-green.jpg
    16.9 KB · Views: 372
The holes are 11" on center, so I'm pretty sure it works with other wings. Also, I use 2 SS cam bands on mine.

The Oxy is a great US-made design and if you plan to get one, call Edd at Cave Adventures. He will give you a killer deal on one.

Edit: I used the hard webbing on mine for no other reason than it's what came in the Hog harness kit.

Edit 2: on the back side of the plate is a strip of webbing stitched vertically, there are gaps for 2 cam bands. I may not have used the rubber-grommet slits.

Thanks, I will use with DSS 17lbs wing. Could you pls take photo of the other side for me? I still can't imagine how and where the upper camband is located.

Thanks, I will use with DSS 17lbs wing. Could you pls take photo of the other side for me? I still can't imagine how and where the upper camband is located.

No problem. Give me 30 mins and I'll go dig some cam bands out of the basement. I'll run them through the slots and take a pic. I would say OxyCheq's only failure with this plate was giving clear assembly instructions. There was a thread about them a few years ago.

Edit:
Hope this helps.

oxycheq website says two cambands. but it also says it only works with the mach v wings. i don't know why that would be the case though.

OxyCheq - OxyCheq Ultra Lite Travel Plate - Blue

The slots for the cam bands on the wing need to line up with the slots on the plate. So it may not work with all wings.

BTW: Zeagle also makes a soft backplate.

Call Edd @ Cave Adventures and tell them you are thinking about the OxyCheq or the Apeks plates and see what kind of deal you can get. I can almost guarantee you wont be able to pass on the Oxy.

Thanks a lot Reef,

Ams brought up good point that I forgot. the slots for lower band are quite apart and may not fit to the slot of DSS wing (about 2.25" wide). Apeks might fit better.

If you weren't in Thailand I would send you mine to try out but it probably costs more than the plate is worth.

Back
Top Bottom