Questions about custom order and Zeagle Demo Days

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sea Louse

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I've been researching purchasing dive gear for a bit, and settled on the Stilleto for it's outstanding reviews on quality, travel-worthiness, and it's weight capacity/trimming. I found a package I liked at Leisure Pro with the Stilleto and the Flathead LX regs/ octo setup. The price was right, but when I called and asked about custom sizing I was really discouraged by the Rep from ordering with him saying it would take 3+ months to get it in, and if it didn't fit I would be able to return it. Very Frustrating. Is there another online vendor who does a better job at custom fits?

I have a 33 inch waist which would put me at a medium (esp. with exposure suit on), and my shoulder height is 25 inches which would put me at a large. Is there any chance that if I got a large and it didn't fit I could switch to a medium waist band straight through Zeagle?

I also saw that Leisure Pro was doing demo-day in late August at Dutch Springs, and that Zeagle folks would be at the event. Is this true, or will it just be Leisure Pro people with Zeagle Products? I was hoping to demo the Stilleto (and the flatheads) and see how I like them.

Please Advise

I am sure Scott will be along directly to answer your questions. There are few companies better than what I have seen from Zeagle.

I have a Stiletto. The adjustability of it is pretty amazing. I am reasonably sure a standard rather than a custom will probably be adjustable to fit you. Good luck and enjoy your new BCD.

It shouldn't take 3 months to get a MD Stiletto with a LG shoulder, but due to some delivery problems that we have had, they are probably being cautious! :)

Any exchanges in size would have to go through the place of purchase.

As for the demo days event - I'm not sure if someone from Zeagle will be there or not - but I will check on it and get back to you asap!

Thanks,

Scott

Looks like I am most likely going to be out of town on that day anyway on a work-trip. Luckily, I am going to do some diving on the trip up at Cape Ann at the end of the work trip.

Nobody had any Stilettos locally, and a lot of the places online I called were back ordered or refused to do custom sizing. I ended up talking to Gene over at Zeagle Express, he had no prob doing the sizing and talked me through it to make sure everything check out. He was back-ordered too but expected to more stilettos next week (fingers crossed, he can ship before I leave on my trip). Put it together in a package with a Envoy Deluxe reg/octo set up. Needless to say, I'm pumped.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom