Questions about Mermet Springs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for the link! I found another quarry in Lebanon, TN., that is even closer! Looks a bit primitive still, but maybe it will be developed in the next year or so. At a depth of 160', I am sure us recreational divers will need to be extra careful and know our limits.

I have heard about it but I haven't been there. You should come up and dive with us KY folks occationally.

Chad

I have another question for those who have dived Mermet Springs. What kind of exposure protection did you wear? Hoods, gloves, etc? Wetsuit? How thick? Dry Suit? (I am envious) :wink:

I was there about this time last year and wore a 3mm with hood and gloves. It gets a little cool about the 40 ft mark.

I don't know what I was thinking I have dove in Lebanon, TN at Martha's. It too is a good dive. The water is alot warmer too.

There is one near Knoxville I haven't been too.

Chad

You might want to use a 7mm: it's 48 below the thermocline, 42 at the bottom, according to their web site.

I have a 6mm Harvey's wetsuit and a thin hooded vest. I just ordered a 6mm zippered hood to wear over the hooded vest to keep my noggin warm. Now I need to look at gloves. Anyone able to offer any insight on them?

Any Questions about Mermet Springs . Maybe I can help .. The Labor day weekend has been going great . The visility has improved .. 20' to 40' vis. . Everyone has been seeing lots of the big & so ... I'll be headed out there shortly .

Mad Dog 7,

Glad to have you aboard. I look forward to reading about your diving.

Chad

Back
Top Bottom