Questions about Scuba Mau, please...?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AFter pouring over all the posts on these forums, I know I can find the answer.. do I need to bring my own reg, or just rent one from Scuba Mau. I'm definately bringing my suit, bcd, fins, mask and snorkle, but was NOT sure about the regs. THanks guys and I'm on countdown...2 days left

AFter pouring over all the posts on these forums, I know I can find the answer.. do I need to bring my own reg, or just rent one from Scuba Mau. I'm definately bringing my suit, bcd, fins, mask and snorkle, but was NOT sure about the regs. THanks guys and I'm on countdown...2 days left
Just curious, why would you bring all your gear and then rent a reg rather then use your own? Doesn't take up that much more room if you're already packing a BCD and wetsuit.

If you have your own reg that you are used to, bring it. Why would you not? Otherwise, rental regs are easily had on Cozumel.

Just was wondering about the weight..Sun Country charges $25 per bag and it seems like my gear bag is sorta heavy,,plus it will have my childs fins and such (she's a snorkler) I already have it packed to take, but just wanted other opinions

My own reg is one of the most important pieces for me to take. It goes in my roll-on; actually I take 3 - all mine.
Just was wondering about the weight..Sun Country charges $25 per bag and it seems like my gear bag is sorta heavy,,plus it will have my childs fins and such (she's a snorkler) I already have it packed to take, but just wanted other opinions
$25/bag - so? :confused: I bought my digital luggage scales on ebay for like $4.

I used Scuba Mau's bcd and reg for $5 per day, total, a week and a half ago. It was adequate stuff. had one problem with a squeaky reg the second day but they took care of it immediately (in fact Opal let me use her reg. !)

I don't like having to check any bags, but I will have to check my gear bag,,and Don, YES, can you believe it $25.00 per bag?.I was shocked, but getting to dive, will be worth it..I will do a carry on for the un-necessary items, you know, clothes and makeup..:wink:

I don't like having to check any bags, but I will have to check my gear bag,,and Don, YES, can you believe it $25.00 per bag?.I was shocked, but getting to dive, will be worth it..I will do a carry on for the un-necessary items, you know, clothes and makeup..:wink:
No, that was not my confusion. I take all I can and would not let a $25 bag fee discourage me from taking what I wanted - especially my regs, but I carry those in roll-on. I don't get Elite allowances anymore so I will have to pay for my second bag on my airline, but I will take 2 - 50# checked bags, 1 - 40# roll-on, and my personal bag (backpack) that never leaves my body other than for TSA with laptop, cameras, meds, money, passport, etc.

I guess you got a cheap ticket and are bothered to pay baggage fees, but do it. :eyebrow:

Do you have digital luggage scales to take with you?

Most BCD's weigh more then a regulator. Do you have a reg bag? Put the reg in it's bag and then in your carry-on. That's what I do, computers and mask too. :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom