Questions about Scuba Mau, please...?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yes - Mega, Chedraui, San Francisco and Soriana all have cheap $10 to $12 coffee makers - you can count on it. What you cannot count on is finding a really good coffee maker here :) I had to go to Home Depot in Cancun to get a decent coffee maker :)
I'll have to take a look at what they carry. I don't want some little 6 cup maker...!

See Don, that's why I like to read your posts, you seem very informed..I don't drink coffee but if I did, I listen to recommendations....I'm not gonna cringe at the checked bag rates..I'm just gonna go and enjoy the few short days I'm there, even though it is raining now, maybe it will stop before the weekend......
2 days and counting!!

See Don, that's why I like to read your posts, you seem very informed..I don't drink coffee but if I did, I listen to recommendations....I'm not gonna cringe at the checked bag rates..I'm just gonna go and enjoy the few short days I'm there, even though it is raining now, maybe it will stop before the weekend......
2 days and counting!!
Don't drink coffee?! :eek: Well, still work at hydration, well before diving or taking your hubby on a tour. Two days is it? No time to get scales from ebay but you can probly find them locally is you don't have any yet. Have a great trip. :pilot:

Last edited:
I'll have to take a look at what they carry. I don't want some little 6 cup maker...!

They are full sized coffee makers Don - I know the difference in coffee makers - as I said, I went to Cancun to get a very nice one

They are full sized coffee makers Don - I know the difference in coffee makers - as I said, I went to Cancun to get a very nice one
Cool! :thumb: That would make space packing easier...!

Yeah.....yeah......no.....offense. :laughing:

Don't drink coffee?! :eek: Well, still work at hydration, well before diving or taking your hubby on a tour.
Actually, the diuretic effect of coffee probably offsets any hydration you get from the water it contains.

Actually, the diuretic effect of coffee probably offsets any hydration you get from the water it contains.
I used to force myself to go decaf after a couple of cups, but some of the physicians on the Medicine forum advised that while it is a mild diuretic - it's not a real issue. I then searched the net and found recent updated reports agreeing. True many beverages are more hydrating.

I used to force myself to go decaf after a couple of cups, but some of the physicians on the Medicine forum advised that while it is a mild diuretic - it's not a real issue. I then searched the net and found recent updated reports agreeing. True many beverages are more hydrating.

While I don't think a cup or two of coffee in the morning is a major diuretic, I would never go as far as to say that coffee provided hydration in any way- I think that's a stretch!

Don, I'll take a look at the coffee makers today when I go to Mega - I'll price them and give you brands :) How's that? :)

While I don't think a cup or two of coffee in the morning is a major diuretic, I would never go as far as to say that coffee provided hydration in any way- I think that's a stretch!
The net hydration effect/volume is reduced some but yeah it hydrates some - just not as much. More so for coffee hounds whose bodies are accustomed to it. Any deeper discussion should probly be done on the Med forum; care to start a thread there and link to it here?
Don, I'll take a look at the coffee makers today when I go to Mega - I'll price them and give you brands :) How's that? :)
That's kind but I don't care about brands, especially in cheap brands. I am a hound, not a coffee connoisseur. My home $12 unit makes a quart of coffee fast that tastes good to me, then I start a second quart. Thanks tho...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom