Questions for Conshelf XIV fans

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jvisser

Reaction score
Does anyone know when - what year, what serial number - Aqualung added the adjustment port to teh left side of the Conshelf XIV second stage?

When did the decal become black?

When did the name change from "Conshelf XIV" to "Conshelf 14?"

What is the history of ports on teh first stage - number of high and low pressure ports? Thread size?

Thanks!

jv

Thanks,

jv

jvisser:
Does anyone know when - what year, what serial number - Aqualung added the adjustment port to teh left side of the Conshelf XIV second stage?

What is the history of ports on teh first stage - number of high and low pressure ports? Thread size?

Thanks!

jv

Thanks,

jv

When I got my first set of Conshelf XIVs, I tried to find out the history. I got nowhere. Good luck.

jvisser:

Thanks!

jv

Thanks,

jv
Never though about it and now I need to know too.

There are a few vintage diving intenet sites where you will no doubt find someone who knows the answer - but consider posting this in the "sea hunt era" forum on this board as many of those same vintage divers hang out there too.

Sea Hunt Era

If you prefer I can move this thread there.

I know a lot about USD doubel hose regs, but their new stuff like the Conshelf XIV has not been around long enough to have history. :D

I was just given two Conshelf IVs. One was never used, the other was "lightly" used.

Both have the black decal and neither has the 2nd stage adjustment.

Serial Numbers:

81 19411 and 82 26070

There two points for your database.

Ian

That site is pretty weak on USD regs with nothing on the Conshelf XIV

Right, sorry about that, I should have checked first.

I was just given two Conshelf IVs. One was never used, the other was "lightly" used.

Both have the black decal and neither has the 2nd stage adjustment.

Serial Numbers:

81 19411 and 82 26070

There two points for your database.

Ian

Conshelf XIV

I have a Yellow decal and no adjustment.

SN# 79 12133

OK! Now we're getting somewhere! The decal changed color between '79 and '81. Does anyone have a unit from '80?

I forgot to add that mine both have four ports, 1 HP and 3 LP. All ports are current standard sizes and threads.

Ian

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom