Questions for Conshelf XIV fans

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OK! Now we're getting somewhere! The decal changed color between '79 and '81. Does anyone have a unit from '80?

I forgot to add that mine both have four ports, 1 HP and 3 LP. All ports are current standard sizes and threads.

Ian

Mine has four ports 1HP and 3LP as well; all standard:

(Primary)----LP----HP-(spg on top)
-------------->Reg<
(secondary)-LP----LP-(need a long hose for BC inflator routing)

Thanks to all who replied so far! I guess it's just too big a question. Maybe I can be more specific in future info requests. I am interested in switching over to Conshelf XIV's from my current Dacor chrome plated brass setup.

DA - thanks, you can leave the thread here or move it to Se Hunt era, whatever you think is appropriate.

Regards,

jv

I was just given two Conshelf IVs. One was never used, the other was "lightly" used.

Both have the black decal and neither has the 2nd stage adjustment.

Serial Numbers:

81 19411 and 82 26070

There two points for your database.

Ian

The 81 and 82 before the serial number means it was made in 1981 and 1982 hope this helps Ed

The 81 and 82 before the serial number means it was made in 1981 and 1982 hope this helps Ed

Yes, I know. That was the point of posting the serial numbers...to give two data point, one from 1981 and one from 1982, showing that the 2nd stage decals were black by 1981.

Ian

Hi Ian you might be right, I have a few from 1980 & 1979 the are all black and yellow, I had a Conshelf XIV Supreme and it was black and grey. I work as tech at my dive shop and love the Conshelf's the are sooo easy to rebuild :) they are pretty much a Titan with a new look. I will check with my mentor he has been a tech for about 20 plus years now and we both have a love for vintage stuff. He knows just about everything and I allways pick his brain. Dan at vintage scuba supply might be able to help also. I dive both modern and vintage (1960's & 1980's) and I must say I love the 80's stuff but then again I was 14 in 1980, I have everthing right down to my vintage 1980 (6309) and 1976 (6105) Seiko dive watch. Ed

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom