questions for tobin--- thanks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

novision

New
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi Tobin,
Not sure this is the best place to ask this, maybe others have same questions. I have just finished assembly of my large ss back plate and wing (torus 35). I Have not tried it in the water but quality looks great. I have a few questions,
#1 should I be able to reach plate and valve standing with a tank on (w/al80 I can not reach, if I tighten harness, my belt rubs lowest part of my ribs. I am 6'2" 280lbs construction worker)?
#2 my kit came with about 20' of white string what is this used for?
#3 Am I supposed to attach wing to plate or just let it be sandwiched between tank and plate? There are little rubber pins that look like they are for alinement and attachment but there is no hard ware?

Thank you for all the little thing in your kit (knife, sheath, inflater attachment, banding, tubing, wedges, tank straps)very complete and saves me $50 to $80 in little expensive things. Love the seamless compact look. Can't wait to try it! Thanks again Tim.

I asked the same question about the string and was informed that they sometimes throw in some left over cave line they have laying around. You can use it for a number of things but it is not used in the assembly of your BP/W. See the thread "string" under this same catagory.

The wing is attached to the plate by the little rubber pins but they merely align the wing in the proper position until a tank is attached and then the tank sandwiches the wing in place between the tank and plate.

Hi Tobin,
Not sure this is the best place to ask this, maybe others have same questions. I have just finished assembly of my large ss back plate and wing (torus 35). I Have not tried it in the water but quality looks great. I have a few questions,
#1 should I be able to reach plate and valve standing with a tank on (w/al80 I can not reach, if I tighten harness, my belt rubs lowest part of my ribs. I am 6'2" 280lbs construction worker)?

In singles you can lower the plate a tad, and tighten the crotch strap a bit if the wasit strap is too high.

#2 my kit came with about 20' of white string what is this used for?

The #24 line used for tying on bolt snaps to your SPG, Reg, backup lights etc.

#3 Am I supposed to attach wing to plate or just let it be sandwiched between tank and plate? There are little rubber pins that look like they are for alinement and attachment but there is no hard ware?

The cambands hold the wing on, the rubber locators are only for alignment.

Thank you for all the little thing in your kit (knife, sheath, inflater attachment, banding, tubing, wedges, tank straps)very complete and saves me $50 to $80 in little expensive things. Love the seamless compact look. Can't wait to try it! Thanks again Tim.

Glad you like it, thanks for the order,

Tobin

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom