Questions on ATX reg pricing and options

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ibnygator,

You had better walk away from that LDS. I am wondering what is the next greedy price from that shop?

There are a lot of places you can send out for the annual service in the market. Don't worry about that much for the annual service and price.

ibnygator:
As for the question of DIN vs. yoke, I do tend to push the limits of recreational diving as far as depth (some dives to 130'-145') and have a friend who suggested converting to DIN as a more bullet-proof design. Still, most of my diving is in the 80-110' and my tanks are currently yoke, so I'm leaning towards staying with yoke.

Looks like I'll be buying from DiveInn.

Thanks for the input...

Firstly, DIN or yoke has nothing to do with your depth. The DIN connector is simply for a higher working pressure. The yoke is rated to about 3300 psi. where the DIN is rated to 4400 psi. This being ideal for high pressure tanks.
The only other thing that it does is create a slightly lower profile. Outside of that I think that you are getting ripped on the DIN to yoke adapter, and the Yoke assembly (that requires a wrench to attach) should be cheaper for the inconvenience of installation. If you have your own tanks that are DIN or use tanks that are DIN go ahead and get a DIN reg. Otherwise you can always convert later. No big deal. Be sure about your warranty. You will really regret it if you have to pay parts. You are looking at over $20 per stage per year, plus labour...

rescuediver009:
Firstly, DIN or yoke has nothing to do with your depth.
I think he was just trying to say that the margin for error is less at 100+ feet, and he was thinking DIN was less likely to fail or break at depth.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom