Questions on doubles???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mayor

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
My steel HP100s / pro valve just got to the shop this week. I'm looking to use 2 Oceanic GT3 / CDX5 with them after changing them to DIN. Not real sure how the first stage is going to work with this set up. Any one using the GT3 / CDX5 with doubles? What other first stage could I use? Pictures? Thanks in advance for any help!

Attachments

• doubles routing cdx5.jpg
    doubles routing cdx5.jpg
    2.8 KB · Views: 206
  • cdx5b.jpg
    cdx5b.jpg
    2.7 KB · Views: 213
  • cdx5c.jpg
    cdx5c.jpg
    2.8 KB · Views: 229
Thanks Jim! How do you like them?

Been diving them for going on 3 years now and have no issues. Been down to 155 feet in Erie in 38-40 degree water. I also service em myself and they are a breeze to do and adjust. Love the regs. Actually have a GT3 on necklace and Delta3 on primary. Same reg just the Delta has a venturi switch which I never use anyway. If I had the cash I'd buy a couple more GT3's or even Alpha 8's just for the cdx5 firsts.

My steel HP100s / pro valve just got to the shop this week. I'm looking to use 2 Oceanic GT3 / CDX5 with them after changing them to DIN. Not real sure how the first stage is going to work with this set up. Any one using the GT3 / CDX5 with doubles? What other first stage could I use? Pictures? Thanks in advance for any help!

I Like the MK25 and Apeks, also use MK17, that can be routed very similarly to Apeks.

Attachments

• Config Apeks.jpg
    Config Apeks.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 64
I'm not a huge fan of the hose routing in the first set of pics, it looks like it would be hard to reach and turn the valves. I have a CDX-5 and GT3 on my left post, and have the hoses coming straight down and around. IMO, more streamlined and easier to squeeze in and out of doorways/windows in wrecks.

I'm not a huge fan of the hose routing in the first set of pics, it looks like it would be hard to reach and turn the valves. I have a CDX-5 and GT3 on my left post, and have the hoses coming straight down and around. IMO, more streamlined and easier to squeeze in and out of doorways/windows in wrecks.

I agree always try to keep the hoses pointed down and away fromt he side hide them behind the wing under the manifold .

Imo i like the mk25/atomic hose routing

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom