Questions On Stuart Cove's

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubafoti

Reaction score
Hey fellow divers, I just booked a cruise for my fiance' and I on the Disney Cruise Line. My question is has anybody done Stuart Cove's Dive Bahama? I would like to book ASAP, but want to know how his operation runs. If I could get replies on the following, it'd be great:

Dive Quality
Marine Life
Crew Politeness
Worth the Price
Cattle Boat?

I have used Stuart Cove's in the past and have found the organization to be well run.

You can expect to be picked up by bus from the pier and driven to the dive operation (around 30 minutes to and hour each way). Once there, you will be led pretty much directly to the boat, get your equipment set up and get underway. The operation has a number of different boats ranging in size, but you can probably expect between 10 and 20 other divers on your boat. The marine life at the dive sites can be hit or miss - as with anywhere else there are better places and worse places - but there will no doubt be something worth seeing. I can not speak for how their divemasters run the dives themselves as I have only been with groups who chartered boats and crews from Stuart Coves. Once your dives are complete they will get you back on the bus and back to your ship.

Overall I would say go for the experience - probably one of the better ways to spend your time on New Providence Island. You can find more information on the operator at http://www.dive-bahamas.com.

The one word of caution I have is to keep in mind that your cruise ship's arrival and departure times will most likely be placing the dive operation under a tight timeline. This may make the feeling throughout the day to be more rushed and possibly make it seem as though the staff is pushing you through the day. If you keep that in mind and are prepared for it in advance, then you should be able to have a very pleasant day of diving.

I took the family diving for a week with Stuart Cove in August 2003.. I would agree they run a very organized shop. They even sent a photographer with each group in case you didn't have a camera and wanted a couple of pictures of the family.. Very open for suggestions on dive sites..

It's a first class operation, you won't be disappointed.

I dived with them last spring. I was very suprised...they are a well run operation. The big problem I had was with the rest of the divers on the boat...we had to come up early on the first dive because one new diver decided to go to 120' and blew through his air in 10 minutes. After the first dive trip, they put the new divers on a boat by themselves and we ended up with just the divemasters.....We ended up having a great time...with some great divemasters.
I have got alot of repect for them...my dive buddy has never kept a log since he started diving in 1986, and they made sure that he had some recent experience.

We dove with them and had a great time. 10-20 per boat is about right, but they do a great job and split us up into 4 groups so we weren't crowded. Great sights on both days of diving and even had a beer with the owner after our last day of diving. Nice guy!

There's a new thing here on the site called the "search" function. If you input the words "Stuart Cove" you'll be amazed to see a handful of results...

Yeah, I'm feeling like a smartass tonight, and I'm even relatively new here too, but I've gathered lots of info without resorting to posting new topics about subjects that have been discussed a billion times.

You know what one of the great things about internet forums is? The fact that if you don't like the question there is no obligation to reply to it.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Scubafoti, Onespeed, my wife and I leave tomorrow morning for two days of diving with Stuart Cove's and we'll be doing the shark dive. I'll let you know how it goes when we get back this weekend.

Dragon2115:
Scubafoti, Onespeed, my wife and I leave tomorrow morning for two days of diving with Stuart Cove's and we'll be doing the shark dive. I'll let you know how it goes when we get back this weekend.

Excellent, I'll look forward to your report. I'm thinking about doing it in March. have a great trip!

Back
Top Bottom