Quick Advice Needed. Would you dive tomorrow?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dsafanda

Contributor
Reaction score
I was planning on playing hooky tomorrow(Wed. 11/14) and hitting Whaler's Cove with a buddy. As of right now it doesn't look like it would be worthwhile given the forecasts but I never feel like I know what I'm doing when I try to interoperate some the buoy data.

It's quite a drive from Marin and I'd really rather not waste a day if I can help it. I could probably take a day of next week instead. What would you do?

http://cdip.ucsd.edu/recent/model_images/fc_summary.png

NDBC - Station 46042

I was planning on playing hooky tomorrow(Wed. 11/14) and hitting Whaler's Cove with a buddy. As of right now it doesn't look like it would be worthwhile given the forecasts but I never feel like I know what I'm doing when I try to interoperate some the buoy data.

It's quite a drive from Marin and I'd really rather not waste a day if I can help it. I could probably take a day of next week instead. What would you do?

NDBC - Station 46042

I would call Glen's Aquarius dive shop on the Breakwater and ask them , Remember the bouy is many miles out to sea and Whalers is very protected, Or you could PM Chuck Tribolet and see what he thinks as he is pretty well on the money!

NDBC - Station 46042

Good Question dsafanda!
I was wondering too since it is W swell and not NW. I read somewhere that Chuck mentioned that not being a true NW is good.

PZZ570-140600-
/O.CAN.KMTR.SW.Y.0008.000000T0000Z-071114T1200Z/
/O.ROU.KMTR.MA.F.0000.000000T0000Z-000000T0000Z/
POINT ARENA TO PIGEON POINT 20 TO 60 NM OFFSHORE-
234 PM PST TUE NOV 13 2007

TONIGHT
NW WINDS 5 TO 15 KT. WIND WAVES 1 TO 3 FT.
NW SWELL 9 TO 11 FT AT 13 SECONDS.

WED
N WINDS 5 TO 10 KT...BECOMING W IN THE AFTERNOON.
WIND WAVES 1 TO 2 FT. W SWELL 7 TO 10 FT AT 11 SECONDS.

WED NIGHT
SW WINDS 5 TO 10 KT. WIND WAVES 1 TO 2 FT.
W SWELL 5 TO 8 FT AT 11 SECONDS.

THU
SW WINDS 5 TO 10 KT. WIND WAVES 1 TO 2 FT.
W SWELL 5 TO 7 FT.

My Read...

Wed: Yes

Thurs: Yes

Ben, that's the North Coast forecast. He want's to go to Monterey.

Either day is diveable, but Th looks great.

PZZ560-565-575-140600-
/O.CAN.KMTR.SW.Y.0008.000000T0000Z-071114T1200Z/
/O.ROU.KMTR.MA.F.0000.000000T0000Z-000000T0000Z/
PIGEON POINT TO POINT PINOS TO 20 NM-
POINT PINOS TO POINT PIEDRAS BLANCAS TO 20 NM-
PIGEON POINT TO POINT PIEDRAS BLANCAS 20 TO 60 NM OFFSHORE-
234 PM PST TUE NOV 13 2007

TONIGHT
NW WINDS 10 TO 20 KT. WIND WAVES 2 TO 4 FT.
NW SWELL 9 TO 11 FT AT 13 SECONDS.

WED
NW SWELL 5 TO 8 FT AT 12 SECONDS...SHIFTING TO THE W 7 TO 9 FT AT
11 SECONDS IN THE AFTERNOON.

WED NIGHT
NW SWELL 3 TO 6 FT AT 11 SECONDS.

THU
NW WINDS 10 TO 20 KT. WIND WAVES 2 TO 4 FT.
W SWELL 3 TO 6 FT.

Opsss... my bad... Thanks Chuck.

There you have it... When Chuck says dive it's time to dive... Now if Chuck's sorting slides... you might want to wash the car or do yard work.

So, I think the short answer is play hookie on both Wednesday and Thursday and dive both days.

I havent been to monterey for the last week but here in Santa Cruz the red tide is horrible!..I have never seen it this bad..it is so bad that folks were saying we had an unknown oil spill but tests are showing a heavy algae bloom...anyone know how its affecting monterey diving?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom