Quick wedding update

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ber Rabbit

Floppy Ear Mod
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi all! Been away from the board for a month or so finishing up the wedding plans, getting married and then trying to get all the stuff done that turns up after the wedding.

The wedding was GREAT except for the heat (90 deg.). Bruce's yellow lab mix, Amber, was the ring bearer and did a wonderful job in front of 240 people. Walked down the outdoor aisle toward our home-made altar beside the pond like she owned the place! She sat down right at Bruce's feet so he could cut the rings off the pillow while everyone was watching me come down the aisle. I rode up in his 1965 Corvair Convertible sitting on the back prom-queen style while dad drove. We followed the girls as they walked from the house, around the hill and toward the aisle. Unfortunately that required dad to ride the brakes the whole way to keep from running over anyone and by the time we were to our stopping point the brakes were out. Dad said "I can't stop, I'm starting to panic here!" Who can blame him, even though we were moving at a walking pace we were only 30 feet from running over the wedding guests! I guess my scuba training paid off because I was thinking instead of panicking. I had him turn the car off, that slowed us but not enough then I remembered this car has a parking brake instead of a gear called "park." I told him to pull the brake (while I held on so I didn't end up upside down in the front seat in a huge dress with a hoop), he pulled it and we lightly lurched to a stop.

The ceremony went well except Bruce had given the wrong ring to my matron of honor so when he went to put my ring on my hand I had to tell him twice he had the wrong ring. The rings do look rather alike. He traded for the right ring, we were laughing hysterically and he finally put my ring on me. Now it was my turn to screw up, he handed me his right hand when it was time to put the ring on and I didn't notice! We saw the photo proofs and the photographer got a really good picture of it though! Luckily his mom noticed as we handed her a rose before walking down the aisle together and she had him switch it to his left hand. We had a good time and there were a lot of laughs which is what I wanted!

Dad and I danced to "Butterfly Kisses" (you guys won!) and we didn't even cry, my sister was bawling though, photographer got a photo of that too! I was surprised I never cried during the whole thing, did a lot of laughing, I was honestly having a good time! It was 90 degrees so people didn't stay long at the outdoor reception but the food was great and even though the chocolate on the chocolate table we had instead of a cake melted people still ate it. Some of it had to be licked out of the little "muffin cups" but it was so good no one seemed to mind.

We did something a little different with the little cake we cut and fed to each other. Instead of feeding each other one at a time we both ate from one piece of cake. Kinda like the "Lady and the Tramp" thing with the spaghetti but this was MUCH messier. The photo makes it look like I'm trying to reach into his mouth with my hand and tongue and eat whatever is in there! We did this little scenario twice because the crowd wanted to see it again!

The photographer posted some of the photos on a web site.
www.studiologin.com/hensleyphoto it's the "Bloom wedding" the password is:
Bruce & Amber (put the spaces in or it won't let you connect). Please respect the fact that these are copyrighted photos and no one has permission to publish the images without written consent of the photographer and the people pictured.

Enjoy!
Ber

Ber-

Congratulations again to you and Bruce! The photos are beautiful. I love your gown (and that train!).

Thanks for sharing,
Sandy

Beautiful pics

I wish you both all the happiness in the world.

Chad

best wishes to both of you. May you both have long and happy lives.

nice pics and nice to have you back on the board:) :thumb:

I hope your lives are like your wedding. You can laugh at your mistakes, you keep a level mind in the midst of panic, and more laughter than tears.

TwoBit

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom