Quote in a Post

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

docbonezz

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
How do you include a quote from an earlier post in a post you are typing?

I see a lot of posts that have someone elses quote in the beginning of the post and I can't figure out how to do this. Would someone please tell me how?

Thanks,

Karl

Just press
quote.gif
in the post you want to quote.

A window will then be opened allowing you to add your own text to the quoted text.

How do you include a quote from an earlier post in a post you are typing?

I see a lot of posts that have someone elses quote in the beginning of the post and I can't figure out how to do this. Would someone please tell me how?

Thanks,

Karl

Bottom right corner of the post you are viewing has several buttons. Clicking the "quote" button brings up a reply screen with the person's quote at the top.

Hit "multi quote" and the button turns red. You can do that for every post you want to include in a single reply and then on the last post use the "quote" instead of the "multi" and it will open up the window with the all the selected posts.

The order you click the multi button in will be the order the posts are shown in.

Or, do what El said.

Hit "multi quote" and the button turns red. You can do that for every post you want to include in a single reply and then on the last post use the "quote" instead of the "multi" and it will open up the window with the all the selected posts.
You can multi-quote posts from several threads simultaneously, though it requires an extra mouse-click.

You can multi-quote posts from several threads simultaneously, though it requires an extra mouse-click.

Yes, and if you open multi quoted reply in a new window, the original multi quote stays active and will show up again in the next post you quote.

Yes, and if you open multi quoted reply in a new window, the original multi quote stays active and will show up again in the next post you quote.

Thanks for your help too

Thanks for your help too

You're welcome. I see you've got the quote thing down! :D

Enjoy the board!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom