R109 lever height

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That makes me think that the levers for the 109 and G250 are the same, just different numbers. The earlier stepped-foot lever (if it exists) might have a different number. I just remember a post from DA Aquamaster saying that some early 109s needed a new lever to be upgraded to balanced/adjustable with the newer poppet. Somewhere in the SB archives there might be a comparison photo of those two levers; I do seem to remember seeing one.

Here is a picture of three levers arranged from newest to oldest (I think.) The lever on the right (oldest) is the one I definitely have problems using with the Duro poppet.

c

Here is a picture of three levers arranged from newest to oldest (I think.) The lever on the right (oldest) is the one I definitely have problems using with the Duro poppet.

c

Do you have a way of measuring the foot angles? That one on the right looks noticeably different from the other two to me. Maybe you could set then flat on their feet and see the lever angles. This could be another job for Captain Duck Tape (or maybe another use for dominoes besides an excuse to drink).

I don't think I've ever seen anything but the one on the right, and that's including a couple of G250s. It's hard for me to see clearly in the photos, but those curved tails on the feet do not look familiar to me.

Matt, considering the only lever you recognize is the one on the right, then that must mean I have the levers in the middle and right in the wrong order. The lever with the funny curl at the feet is from a batch I bought and have not installed yet; so it's probably the most current of the three. I'll try to get better pictures soon.

Awap, I'll get around to checking the angles over the next couple of days.....the wife's broken van window just moved to top priority on my Honey Do list.

c

My old-old 109 has the lever on the right. Will take apart the old-new tonight.

Edit: my old-old has the middle lever, roughly 30 degree angle.

Last edited:
Got the van window fixed...if ever you have the opportunity to do one, pass...

Well, something odd is going on. Most of the 109s I have that are not in use are taken apart and all of the levers are like the middle lever except one. I took another photo, hopefully it came out better.

Awap asked about the the lever angles, and I'm glad he did because the lever I'm having trouble with has a very different angle than the rest.

Sorry about that, I'm new here..... :) check now.

Anyway, perhaps the lever I'm having trouble with has been modified and needs an Awap adjustment to put it right again.

c

Yep. I only ran into one in probably 12 or so 109/156s. It was one of my first acquisitions and I could readily see through the cover off tuning that the lever height was way off. Ignoring Harlow's advice, I bent the feet to about the right height, assembled, and now I don't know which of my regs it was. It is one that I am using so I guess it is OK. Lucky.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom