Rabbit Scuba Pattaya

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

penguintom

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
After so many bad experiences, I gave up on Pattaya diving several years ago.
Whilst walking into Central Shopping Mall, I was handed a leaflet for Rabbit Scuba, I spoke to them and was convincingly promised a great day out on a luxury boat, Thought I might try this new outfit, so parted with my money and carried on my way.
Next day I was most disappointed to find that the new shop, and their 'luxury boat' simply turned out to be a day on Mermaids rickety old boat full of trainee instructors, that has been running in Pattaya for years.
To make things even worse I had been charged several hundred baht more than I would have been charged had I gone direct to Mermaids. Don't get took in like I did, If you want a day on Mermaids boat, go direct to Mermaids, still the same old crappy day, but cheaper.
Another Pattaya rip off to add to the list.

I am afraid this is the way things generally work in Pattaya, shops close, others open. The new ones are generally in some way connected with other Pattaya shops, ex interns, ex employees etc etc, and they simply bring all the poor practices with them from where ever it is they have come, and all the lies and shoddy practices simply proliferate.

How long has this outfit been operating? Do you know who the owners are or where they came from?

How long has this outfit been operating? Do you know who the owners are or where they came from?

When I was there in early October, I believe this shop had only been operating for a few weeks. I do think I had previously seen the guy who claimed to be the owner, not sure where, but dare say it would have been on one of my earlier Pattaya dives.

Interesting, they have a web site, scubarabbit.com. When you check the page for boats, it's definitely one of the Mermaids' boats. I happen to like Mermaids, but have to wonder what's up.

Interesting, they have a web site, scubarabbit.com. When you check the page for boats, it's definitely one of the Mermaids' boats. I happen to like Mermaids, but have to wonder what's up.

I never understand why such DC's can not simply be honest and up front about what they are providing, as you say ''what's up'', why do they feel it necessary to keep such facts from their customers? All such stupidity achieves with me is to make me wonder what else they are hiding.

Unfortunately such dishonesty is rife in the Pattaya dive industry. Scubarabbit will more than likely just be yet another in a long line of Pattaya dive shops that will be here today and gone tomorrow.

I just looked at their website, looks highly misleading to me.

---------- Post added November 26th, 2013 at 10:37 PM ----------

When I was there in early October, I believe this shop had only been operating for a few weeks. I do think I had previously seen the guy who claimed to be the owner, not sure where, but dare say it would have been on one of my earlier Pattaya dives.

I went into Central Festival a couple of days ago and saw this 'shop' outside the mall entrance, its nothing more than a 2 metre square box. I think the guy sat inside used to work at Dive South East Asia, Enough said I think!!

I have been diving and Instructing in Pattaya, Sattahip & Sameasan since 2004.

Not going to get into the 'which boat is best' debate as to my mind each operator has there strengths and weaknesses.

To my knowledge,these are the only 'western' run dive boats that operate in these areas (correct me if I am wrong):-

Pattaya
Mermaids
Adventure Divers
Pattaya Dive Centre
Scuba Dawgs
Seafari (High Season)
Dive South East Asia

Sattahip

Nope at present

Sameasan
Mermaids
Pattaya Dive Centre

There are a few operators that cater for the local and russian markets that are not listed above.

Book in with anyone else (Scuba Rabbit, Real Divers, Jomtien Dive Centre, Siam Gulf Divers Etc) and you will generally be on one of the boats above.

To my knowledge,these are the only 'western' run dive boats that operate in these areas (correct me if I am wrong):-

Pattaya
Mermaids
Adventure Divers
Pattaya Dive Centre
Scuba Dawgs
Seafari (High Season)
Dive South East Asia

Sattahip

Nope at present

Sameasan
Mermaids
Pattaya Dive Centre

Book in with anyone else (Scuba Rabbit, Real Divers, Jomtien Dive Centre, Siam Gulf Divers Etc) and you will generally be on one of the boats above.

Having dived around the area myself since well before 2004, I would agree, there are a few more I could mention, such as Neptune, but think they are no longer operating?

Whilst the boats you mention are all pretty much fit for purpose. I would certainly never class one of them as being a ''Luxury dive vessel''. Not one of the above mentioned boats even remotely resembles '' luxury''.

Here is a statement from rabbits website. ''Scuba Rabbit Divers is running 2 luxury diving vessels daily'' Couple that with other wild exaggerations such as on board Chef's. I can easily see where the OP is coming from.

I saw there "little box" when I was walking into central, but just kept walking. Good to know it was the right choice.

I saw there "little box" when I was walking into central, but just kept walking. Good to know it was the right choice.
i.e. outside stall. They have a few masks, fins, and dry bags for sale. Doubt they have any other real world presence of their own.

I never understand why such DC's can not simply be honest and up front about what they are providing, as you say ''what's up'', why do they feel it necessary to keep such facts from their customers? All such stupidity achieves with me is to make me wonder what else they are hiding.

Unfortunately such dishonesty is rife in the Pattaya dive industry. Scubarabbit will more than likely just be yet another in a long line of Pattaya dive shops that will be here today and gone tomorrow.

I just looked at their website, looks highly misleading to me.

---------- Post added November 26th, 2013 at 10:37 PM ----------

I went into Central Festival a couple of days ago and saw this 'shop' outside the mall entrance, its nothing more than a 2 metre square box. I think the guy sat inside used to work at Dive South East Asia, Enough said I think!!

You are right, a friend of mine has confirmed the owner of Rabbit Scuba is ex Dive South East Asia.

---------- Post added March 9th, 2014 at 03:20 AM ----------

Having dived around the area myself since well before 2004, I would agree, there are a few more I could mention, such as Neptune, but think they are no longer operating?

Whilst the boats you mention are all pretty much fit for purpose. I would certainly never class one of them as being a ''Luxury dive vessel''. Not one of the above mentioned boats even remotely resembles '' luxury''.

Here is a statement from rabbits website. ''Scuba Rabbit Divers is running 2 luxury diving vessels daily'' Couple that with other wild exaggerations such as on board Chef's. I can easily see where the OP is coming from.

Certainly anything but luxury, but luxury boats are not what I am looking for. Simply a good days diving conducted safely is all I require. But do feel cheated somewhat after such a day when yet again I have been lied to. As for the 'Chef', very greasy fried chicken, rice and some pineaple. Nothing you can't buy to a better standard on any Pattaya street corner for about 30 bhat. Who ever cooked what I had, if they are a chef, they need to go for re training.

---------- Post added March 9th, 2014 at 03:22 AM ----------

Best decision you could have made. Total rip off. I am surprised to be told by my friend they are still in business.

Back
Top Bottom