Rain Rain Go Away...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We singing the dry diver blues, Waa, Waaaa, Wa, Wa

I'm jonzing! Can't take it anymore - must find a puddle, anything, water.... must dive. <cough, cough, choke>

Ok, now that was overly melo-dramatic.

Yeah, I hear ya'll - the rain stinks.

Geesh, looks like a lot of things are stacked against us this weekend. At the same time we're getting very high surf coming from the west (6-12 ft.), very high tides (almost +7 ft), and high winds. All that with a 90% chance of rain on Saturday. And it's all supposed to last from Friday AM thru Monday.

This really sucks. This kinda stuff isn't supposed to happen until February. I'm gonna call the President and see if there's something he can do about it.

Ah, but we were all worried about the drought a few months ago. We NEED the rain!

Besides, some of my best videowork underwater occurs when it is raining topside. Of course I haven't been in since Sunday, so that's a long "drought" for me. However, it gives me a great opportunity to edit all that video that my fellow divers (and "topsiders") are going to buy from me and make me rich (or at least able to pay the mortgage).

There's a silver lining in every cloud... as long as it doesn't last 40 days and 40 nights!

Dr. Bill

I apologize to all California divers. I am currently taking 24 vacation days off work, so it's my fault it's raining. I can guarantee that we will have perfect conditions beginning January 24th.

It was a beautiful evening...dove the Redondo Canyon tonight with Scott(notFiji) and it was wonderful....great viz...about 25 vertical, and 20 horizontal....6 kinds of crabs, crawly carpets of little decorator crabs mating, rays (thornback and bat), sarcastic fringeheads, lots of squid eggs around 75fsw, several pipe fish, and even a little octopus. The wind in the parking lot was glacial, but it was worth it!
You guys just gotta run out there and dive whenever there's even the smallest opening.
GoGoGo!
If it's not raining in the morning, call in, make any excuse you can...and splash...
I'm available after 10AM tomorrow...gotta fill tanks.....
Claudette

mikenytola:
So I can Dive another day!
icosm14.gif

Been busy lately, but can't wait to get back out there!
icosm14.gif

Back
Top Bottom