Rain Statistics

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sounds like he got bit bad. A friend of mine got bit by one a number of years ago that measured out at 14" long. The bite mark was 1" across and took 6 weeks to heal...

Sooo I'll take the toads :D though I'm a little leary of them with my dog around since they can be dangerous for dogs if they eat them.

I don't think it reached your area...it was more in the old ewa area....they were sweeping the streets in the news and some 1st floor flooding...if they didn't call you I doubt that you have anything to worry about :wink:

justleesa:
I don't think it reached your area...it was more in the old ewa area....they were sweeping the streets in the news and some 1st floor flooding...if they didn't call you I doubt that you have anything to worry about :wink:
Whew! We didn't get any calls, so I hope you're right. I would think that area would be new enough that they would have planned for good drainage...

If you guys on Oahu have been getting what we got last night in rain all I can say is WOW ... I pulled a 10 hr shift out in it last night, water up to my knees in places. Rooms flooding everywhere. What a night ... though it did make the night pass quickly. Possilby the heaviest rain I've ever seen over here. I took shelter in a little building for awhile and it was even raining inside ... yeah it was a fun night :D

I was amazed we even had a tornado watch here - first time I remember that ever in Hawaii... What a night :D

Aloha, Tim

Tim, how did I know you were a centipede expert? Well, I had one big one crawl in my bed and sting me on the arm in the middle of the night. Now, I have never seen any bugs in my room, it is upstairs. Someone said that it probably came in through the air conditioner because they follow the tubing up (split system). When it rains heavy like this, I think they come out, yes? And is it true thay crawl between your sheets at night to seek body heat? Those centipedes are some gnarley creatures, and my hill is covered..... Me, I love toads. So, everyone watch out!

Cheryl!!! I just read about your dad! that happened to me... oh my gosh it's true, they do crawl in bed with you..... Now, don't laugh but I sleep with the doors open to the pool and one night this tree rat fell in the pool (I think) and then staggered up the stairs and crawled over me. I am a screamer...and he was knocked to the floor and just sat there all soaking wet and confused. yessir, my house is wild at night.

OUCH! - sorry to hear that Catherine - the one time I got bit was in bed too... and I couldn't find him after he bit me :( for some odd reason I didn't feel safe sleeping in bed that night, so I slept on the floor (real bright I know lol)

We stayed in Haiku at a vacation rental a few years back and the guy mentioned he used to be against using chemicals to keep the pests down... 'til after the second time he had a centipede bite him in the scrotum... He became a chemical expert shortly thereafter.

Those guys are nasty.

Back
Top Bottom