Rainbow Reef Open for diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Capt Jim Wyatt

Hanging at the 10 Foot Stop
Staff member
ScubaBoard Business Sponsor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
5000 - ∞
Even though I am up north I have kept in touch with my Rainbow Reef family.

The ones that stayed and recently returned have restored the dive shop to working order.

Boats are good, air compressors are running, nitrox maker is running. All gas banks are full of air and nitrox.

Our two main go to hotels, The Marriott, and Key West Inn are operational and ready for guests.

We are ready to take you diving, and the hotels are ready with your rooms.

As soon as Monroe County opens the road to visitors you are invited to come dive with us.

Support The Florida Keys.
IMG_1613.JPG

Can you let us know how the Spiegel Grove is after Irma? I was wondering if she got pushed to her side again.

She never got 'pushed' to her side. She was pushed upright. She was dropped on her side.

She never got 'pushed' to her side. She was pushed upright. She was dropped on her side.
She was actually dropped upside down in 2002, it was quite a maneuver to get here onto her side. Hurricane Dennis pushed her upright in 2005

Yes you are correct! I just want to know if she is still upright or Irma may had pushed her to her side as she was originally dropped.

Can you let us know how the Spiegel Grove is after Irma? I was wondering if she got pushed to her side again.

Still upright.

Love me some Rainbow Reef!

Did my advanced course there and my wife did her OW there. Can't recommend that outfit enough.

Does anyone know if they do tecrec courses there?

They have a number of PADI course directors and tecrec instructors there. You can get about any training you like.

Love me some Rainbow Reef!

Did my advanced course there and my wife did her OW there. Can't recommend that outfit enough.

Does anyone know if they do tecrec courses there?

RR can teach ALL of the open circuit Tec courses up through all the TecRec instructor classes. We also teach some of the TecRec CCR classes. Also I am an instructor on the rEvo and an instructor trainer on the O2ptima.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom