Raja Ampat Dive Resort

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Katja

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi fellow divers,

My buddy and I are planning a trip to Raja Ampat and the thought is to stay at Raja Ampat Dive Resort. There's only one problem. We've tried to email and text them - but no replies!!

Does any of you have any contact information that you want to share? Or any good ideas to how to get in contact with them?

Hope to get some help, so Raja Ampat can be visited :blinking:

Yes, email can be touch and go in that part of the world.
I was having serious problems like you are having. My solution was to open a new email account separate from my business server at work. It turned out that the spam blockers were on steroids on my system at work. I learned that several places in Indonesia were recieving my emails,but they couldn't get back through to me. This may not be your problem at all,but you might try a different email acct.
Good luck.

I stayed at the RA Dive Resort in Feb. I can recommend it. I was also on a LOB there and would recommend that even more. Best recommendation: stay longer and do both!

Regarding the email problems. They have their main office in Bali (they are a larger outfit with several LOBs) and in any case, wifi was pretty good while I was there, so email is not a problem per se. Post # 3 is correct about some spam blockers blacklisting Indo addresses. I don't know how to help you on that one. I made arrangements through an agent in Bali.

Be sure to go to Manta Sandy as well as Manta Ridge - the mantas put on a really good show!!

Hi Madacub,

Thanx for your reply :eek:) The advice with trying another email account helped. So I have finally been in contact with them.

Oh yes - a liveaboard would be great too. Just so expensive:(

Have you - or do you know of any who has been there in the end of July? That was our plan. But so many mixed stories about it around the internet. Sp quite confussed :idk:

Hi Katja, my understanding is that the end of July is not the best time weather-wise for RA. Bali, Komodo etc are good at that time. RA is good during the northern hemisphere winter months (I was there in Jan). Many (almost all, I think) LOB operators move their ships from the Komodo area to RA and back depending on the season, so there is definitely a weather effect.

From what I know of the operator, they will answer you honestly, if you ask them outright. Be sure to be specific: "Is it better in July or in Jan?" Because it will still be good,even in the off season, just that if you are going all that way, you want to make sure things are optimum.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom