Raja Ampat dive sites

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Liberty01

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi!
I am planning my next trip to Indonesia in March / beginning of April and feel overwhelmed with choices. One option is a combination of Raja Ampat and Ambon. I read some of the reports about the superb diving around Misool and the poor vis in Kri, crowds of divers and no mantas at Sandy Manta etc..
I won´t be able to get to Misool on that trip. I find it difficult to understand where other good dive sites are and which resorts are close to them.
Resort options would be rather budget like Raja Ampat Dive Resort on Pulau Waigeo or Biodiversity resort on Gam. Both offer diving at Manta Sandy and around Kri. But are there also better sites close to one of them.
I wonder whether RA is worth the effort.
Other options would be Banda (with Ambon) or Halmahera?
Best regards,
Liberty

Ambon has great muck diving in the bay. Check out Maluku Divers. Also some good reef & dropoff sites along the south side of the island. Ambon has been at the top of my critter list for the past few years. I've photographed more species there than in Lembeh.

Thank you. Well, Ambon is certainly nice in combination with Banda or Raja Ampat.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom