Raja Ampat liveaboards?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I'm planning to go to Raja Ampat in January 2012, any ideas/ suggestions on which liveaboard to take?
Thank you so much ~

What is your budget? There are relatively cheap liveaboards, moderate priced ones, and high-end ones. Depending on your preferences and needs, the advice will be different. I am going on one LOB, for example, in February, that's a budget option (dive instructors don't make a lot of money, and even a budget boat is pretty expensive for me), but I've got customers who are making their R4 trip the voyage of a lifetime and are not sparing expense on their choice of boat.

Littletoby there is tons and tons of info on scubaboard for RA. Go look, do some research and then come back and ask a few more pointed/ specific questions!

But here is a useful website with links to many of the resorts and liveaboards in RA RAJA AMPAT

You get what you pay for in most cases. My advise is look for an operator that has been operating in the area for some time and not just starting up.

Also do some research on what Raja Empat is all about so that your expections on what is possible to be seen are realistic

I'm going on the Peter Hughes boat in early December, I have been on several of their trips over the years and and have never been disappointed. This trip is very expensive but I have heard nothing but rave reviews from people that I trust. I'll post a trip report when I return.

Quero, I also would like to go to raja ampat but what would be the price of a budget one ? Any links for a few ?Can't find any info about the solution. All I get is 4000$, are they nuts or what ?

funscuba--Raja Ampat is not an inexpensive destination, and even a budget boat requires a substantial investment. There's not only the actual price of the trip, but also airfares to get to Sorong, which is the nearest jump-off point. Having said that, it's possible to find boats for less than $4000. Drop me an email with your requirements, and I'll see what I can dig up for you. Who knows... it might be within your reach.

You get what you pay for in most cases. My advise is look for an operator that has been operating in the area for some time and not just starting up.

Also do some research on what Raja Empat is all about so that your expections on what is possible to be seen are realistic

I agree 100% with this statement! Spend the extra money and go with the Paradise Dancer!!! We LOVED every single part of our trip on the Dancer! Make sure Wendy and Yan are onboad! We have been to RA on other boats and while it was okay there was NO comparison to our trip on the Dewi Nusantara( PD.) Idivethesea you will enjoy your trip immensely! Check out the master and commander suite while onboard unless of course you are booked in that room. In that case you will be blown away ! Have fun!

Hi...thought I'd throw in at least the thought of a land based option in Raja Ampat if money is a concern. I've done both LOB and land...and of course LOB is the best way to go for RA... but I've also stayed at Kri Eco Resort and really enjoyed it, which had access to a lot of the good sites in the north, and at a fraction of the cost you've been mentioning for LOBS.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom