Random thoughts...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

shardison

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
The year was 1992... I was a college student and I worked at a smoke shop that had magazines galore; ocassionally, I would venture out to the magazine rack for some light reading.

Sport Diver magazine... I remember flipping through the magazine reading all kinds of "Best places to dive" articles.... Again and again, no matter which dive mag I looked at, had Cozumel as the "BEST". The author would always be referring to the water clarity, the vast amounts of Large Pelagics that you could see, the water temps were warm, and the CORAL REEFS!!!

There would be photos of varies reefs with a diver, (for scale purposes I suppose) that were the most amazings shots I had ever seen.... It was my "diving vacation" dream to be able to visit Coz during my lifetime.... It seemed so "out of reach" for me at that time, that I never really thought it would be in the cards!

Those articles are the reason I'm a diver today.... I made it to Coz in 2011 (finally) I got to experience "my dream" and I'm eternally greatful for that experience.... :D

I sometimes wonder what the experience would have been if I had visited Coz in 1992.... or at least when the reefs were "in all their Glory"...

The Cozaholics (JLYLE, Sharky60, MMM, Robint.... the list goes on..) who have been diving Coz for so many years; probably know exactly what I mean...

I posted this in hopes that the Cozaholics might want to share their random thoughts/memories/photos/videos...

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom