Ranger LTD quality issue- hose & dumps detach from bladder!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi Jeff

I have the same problem as well,pls help
pls check the attached image

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    4.3 KB · Views: 215
I have just had the same experience with my Zeagle Ranger BC. The inflator hose just fell off the bladder due to the nylon flange disintegrating. I have used the BC less than 20 times, and it has been thoroughly rinsed, and stored inside. There have been no environmental exposures other than regular sea water. I have left a message with Zeagle support and I'm waiting to hear back from them. The flange seems well made, but there is obviously a problem with the material it is made from.

Hi all

I would like to help direct you to whom can get this resolved ASAP. Tomac: Rainbow Runner is our distributor in Malaysia and would love to help get that issue resolved for you. Their contact number is +603 4162 2837.

Cavediver77: Please contact us at 714-375-1433 so that we can get this resolved for you. I have a feeling I tried to connect you to our technician before and they have not returned your call. Please PM me and I will get some info and make sure that we get someone to contact you right away. Everyone has left at Zeagle but will follow up first thing on Monday to make sure we get this resolved for you.

Ryan Kenney
Huish Outdoors

Hi Ryan

The same things happened to the bladder of my Ranger too. Would this be covered by the warranty?

Cheers

Don't know how old your Ranger is - mine was about 7 years old when this happened.

I had to pay about 100 US$ to get a new bladder.

Given the number of "same happened to me" posts following mine, Zeagle obviously have a quality (& safety) issue here.
Bit disappointed they didn't sort my problem out free of charge!.

It would seem reasonable to assume this issue would apply to ALL their BCD's ???

I am not aware of any new action being taken by Zeagle to remedy this- I bit of a worry!!!

My Ranger is a much older.

Yes the new bladder is certainly not cheap. Quotes I've had so far have ranged from US$110 to 160. It's a tough call on whether to get a new bladder .... especially if this same issue might reoccur in a few years time. Agree with you that there does seem to be a possible quality (& safety) issue here.

Zeagle have replied that this is not covered by warranty. In fact they have also suggested that I might wish to also replace the remote exhaust and OPV too, bumping up the cost to make good this BCD!

Have been exploring if there are any other options to "repair" the bladder. Everything apart from the disintegrated flanges are still in excellent condition. Dive Gear Express seem to have a flange assembly that might work, but not sure if it would fit the Zeagle bladder, https://www.divegearexpress.com/bladder-flange-assy-includes-inner-outer-and-intermediate-seal . The hole on the bladder seems somewhat larger than this flange. If it can work, it would only be a fraction of the cost to replace the bladder. If only Zeagle can supply this as a repair part!! An alternative might be to just make a new DIY bladder (should not be too difficult .... it's after all just two sheets of material sealed together at the edges with two holes punched for the flanges) and use the flange mentioned earlier.

Anyone have any good experience on how they rectified this problem?

Back
Top Bottom