Ranger/Octo-Z/shoulder dump question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

yyidus

Registered
Reaction score
I am considering getting a ranger (or LTD), with the octo-Z, but had one question (since I can't tell from pictures online).

Does the ranger have a right shoulder pull-dump for when using the octo-Z? or do you need to use the octo to breath AND to dump air? I'll probably go to my LDS to look at it anyways, but wondering if someone can quickly answer.

Hey Scott,
Thanks for the quick reply.

Speaking from experience with the AirSource (used without a right dump), breathing and pulling the hose while holding onto another person is frustratingly hard... Is the octo-Z gonna be about the same or was something done differently to make it easier?

The Octo-Z allows you to dump air while breathing through the reg, just by pushing the delate button...you really don't have to pull the hose.

Our old Octo+ model did not work that way....

And the Octo-Z breaths really nicely. Every time I've practiced with it, I've been impressed.

I am considering getting a ranger (or LTD), with the octo-Z, but had one question (since I can't tell from pictures online).

Does the ranger have a right shoulder pull-dump for when using the octo-Z? or do you need to use the octo to breath AND to dump air? I'll probably go to my LDS to look at it anyways, but wondering if someone can quickly answer.

I have that exact setup. It works like a charm. You won't be disappointed.

- Ted

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom