Ranger's bladder

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tortugar

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
I recently upgraded to a Ranger and after having done about 25 dives with it I've been noticing one minor annoyance: The channel connecting the right side and the left side seems a bit narrow.

I dive properly weighted (which means very little air in my BC) and have noticed that the little air in there usually gets stuck on the left side (inflater hose side). I find myself having to turn on my side a lot to get the air to move around and equalize on both sides.

Has anyone else diving a Ranger noticed this? I never seemed to have this problem with my old Zeagle BC (era: 1992). My old one had a bladder shaped like a V. The new Ranger has a bladder shaped more like a U with a (comparatively) narrow channel across the top.
Unfortunately, that's one of those things you wouldn't even notice until you start diving with it. Aside from that - the Ranger is the best BC I've ever had the pleasure of using! :clapping:

Nope...never had this happen. My Ranger has been flawless.

I dive with a Ranger never had a problem . the best bc I EVER OWNED . SO good my other 4 dive buddies spent the money to get them one.

No problems here either. I use the Ranger Bladder on my BP as well and no problems.

Back
Top Bottom