Razor 2 Setup Questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for the feedback, very helpful food for thought. Comments above in red.

When you use your own SS band clamps, what material do you use to protect the tank? The ubiquitous bicycle tire?

I don't use anything. When fitted, the bands do not damage the cylinder and they do not stay on the rental cylinders for long. They are tightened and they stay in place. I do use a short piece of dyneema tube to cover the screw assembly.

Just out of interest, what's your desire with regards using a weight belt buckle for sidemount?

Not quite sure I understand the question re "...weight belt buckle.." but here goes...

For the main harness waist buckle, as I indicated, I simply want to experiment with replacing the Razor's somewhat unusual dual ring buckle with the same type of "lever" style as used on the vast majority of similar SM harness systems you show on your fantastic website.

As to weighting, I wasn't planning to use a weight belt per se. I haven't yet reached the point in my research to begin considering what my W&B is going to be, but I certainly have no reason to think I'll use anything else but the Razor's own included waist and/or lumbar weight straps, probably with weight pockets rather than hard weights through the webbing.. I have also been thinking about the Razor's new "Pocket Weight System" as an option for perhaps even better weight distribution. I expect a lot of trial and error nailing in the weight and trim in the first outings this spring in a 3/2 wetsuit. Drysuit SMing will wait

There are sidemounts with back plates made in a way that you have flexibility, it is good because it help you add weight by the means of plates, I have one and it is flexible it doesn't have the problem of a BM plate.

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom