Re-assembly of flooded Light Cannon

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BradnerBoy

Contributor
Reaction score
I'm looking for advice on the correct way to re-assemble my light. Last night, it flooded a bit, so I removed the bulb, reflector and disassembled the remainder of the head of the light.

As far as I can tell, in order to re-assemble everything correctly, I have to insert the circled wrapped wires (see attached) into the corresponding cavities of the metal head of the light.

In other words, the circled red wrap has to go into the part indicated by the red arrow, and yellow goes into yellow.

Can anyone advise if this is, in fact, correct and if not, provide the correct way to get this puppy back in?

(sorry for the detailed technical terminology :D )

Thanks.

Attachments

• LC100sm.jpg
    LC100sm.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 72
After fiddling with it for some time, I was successful in re-assembling everything. The hardest part was inserting the yellow-circled piece into the head assembly.

The best part is that the light actually worked AND I had no leftover pieces. That don't happen much 'round here.

Attachments

• reflector.jpg
    reflector.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 42
  • success.jpg
    success.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 43
  • lighton.jpg
    lighton.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 48
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back