RE post... issue with DX1g no reply from Sea and Sea

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mrlipis

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I don't understand the different focus brackets that pop up on my LCD screen. Sometimes I get one big bracket that turns green upon focus. Sometimes I get two smaller brackets and sometimes I get 3 brackets, two on top and one on the bottom. Very curious.
Thanks for any help.

Bruce

I don't understand the different focus brackets that pop up on my LCD screen. Sometimes I get one big bracket that turns green upon focus. Sometimes I get two smaller brackets and sometimes I get 3 brackets, two on top and one on the bottom. Very curious.
Thanks for any help.

Bruce
Hi Bruce-
Thank you for your inquiry. What you seem to be describing is the multi-focus setting on the camera. In this setting, the camera will pick multiple focus points when the auto-focus is locked. If you do not wish this setting, you can change the setting in the MODE menu to spot. Please consult the user manual for more information.

I understand a multi focus function, I just don't understand what it is telling me when there are 2 small brackets or 3 small brackets. Are these different focus points? Maybe not that big of a deal but if it is telling me something needs to be corrected I would just like to understand that better. Just an FYI, I have read the manual and no where can I find an explanation of those LCD brackets.
Thanks for your response.

Bruce

I understand a multi focus function, I just don't understand what it is telling me when there are 2 small brackets or 3 small brackets. Are these different focus points? Maybe not that big of a deal but if it is telling me something needs to be corrected I would just like to understand that better. Just an FYI, I have read the manual and no where can I find an explanation of those LCD brackets.
Thanks for your response.

Bruce

Hi Bruce-
Yes, you are correct. These are multiple focus points that the camera is automatically adjusting for the image depending on subject or subjects that are framed. There is nothing wrong or anything that needs to be corrected. This is identical to many facial recognition or AF area points in other mainstream digital cameras.

Back
Top Bottom