Ready to buy Atomic B1... but B2????

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jp_bowers

Registered
Reaction score
Help! I've done all the research I can..... and was ready to buy the Atomic B1 (or M1???!!!) and JUST as I was ready I find talk of a B2??
WHAT'S This?!!!!!!

Please...... someone direct me to where I can find info on this reg. THEn maybe the search will be over and I can stop spending so much TIme trying to buy the PERFECT reg!!!!!!

Thanks...... pat

Using Atomic labeling scheme, a B2 would infer that the 2nd stage is Brass. Up to now all of the 2nd stages are titanium except for the Z model. I have 2 identical atomics which are brass 1st stages and Titanium 2nd stages. One has a front cover on the 2nd stage printed B1 (brass 1st, which it is) and the other one has T2 printed on it--these rigs are identical. I can think of no reason for Atomic to make a brass 2nd version unless it surplants the Z. If I could afford it, I get the M1, if only to get the wider exhaust tee. The fact that it does higher % of O2 can't be a bad thing. I bought my 2 atomics off a dive buddy for $250 apiece (he paid for having them serviced). They were about 18 months old. Atomics are rated #1 in nearly every comparison test done including DIVERNET tests. If I knew nothing at all about regulators but was forced to buy one, it would be from the short list of SP S600, Atomic, Aqualung Legend LX, or Apex. If I have the oportunity to tryout many different regs I may find something better for me (I like my Cyclons, and they never come out good in tests...). The lightweight 2nd stage of the Atomic is nice, but most 2nd stage fatigue really comes from fighting the hose more so than the weight of the reg. The only thing you won't like about the Atomic is the grease packed into the 1st stage since it oozes out ocassionally.
Cheerio,
Mark

Back
Top Bottom