Really Cheap Dive Shops Around Houston

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Odin

Registered
Reaction score
I'm looking for some gear but I dont have a really large budget, any suggestions, T.P.H. told me about scuba & guns on monroe, does anybody else know of any others

Originally posted by Odin
I'm looking for some gear but I dont have a really large budget, any suggestions, T.P.H. told me about scuba & guns on monroe, does anybody else know of any others

Are you talking about Ken-Lee's? David Ballard is THE BEST reg tech in the Houston area. They have a small selection of gear and it's not always the newest on the market but it IS cheaper than most other places.

It's hard to say any one shop is cheaper, as each shop has it's deals. Depending on what you're looking for and if you're locked into certain brands.....

WW Diving in Humble has decent BC prices. They also have monthly sales that are worth checking out.
If you're looking for Dive Rite, go to R&D Scuba on Westeimer.
Sea Sports Scuba on Westeimer (and probably their other 4 stores) has good reg prices.

HTH

Is there any one place in particular in Houston that is cheaper for Halcyon gear?

The two that I know of are Discover Scuba and Gulftex, but aside from some phone calls to DS I haven't dealt with either...

thanks,
Jeff

Originally posted by Fetch
Is there any one place in particular in Houston that is cheaper for Halcyon gear?

The two that I know of are Discover Scuba and Gulftex, but aside from some phone calls to DS I haven't dealt with either...

thanks,
Jeff

No, that's the only two stores in Houston that carry Halcyon that I know of. Several say they can order it but they don't carry it because of delivery/backorder problems.

As for cheaper....Halcyon is one of those manufacturers that sets the MRP and expect the shop to go by it. You may get a small discount for being a valued customer or something but you'll basically pay retail anywhere you find Halcyon.

This has been my experience anyway when shopping for Halcyon stuff.

Originally posted by scubatexastony
If you're needing a good bc, I have an older Zeagle (like a concept) in good condition, just put a new dump on it and it's priced right!

tony

cell, 832-435-8385

Why don't you take it to Lake Travis with ya? You never know...someone may want to deal!

Originally posted by Fetch
Several folks here on the board (tombiowambi for one) have ordered Halcyon stuff direct from their retail operation, www.Extreme-Exposure.com, and have been happy with the transaction.

From what they say, they provide a 30-day satisfaction guarantee (less S&H) so that if you're not happy with what you purchased, you are able to return it.

Thanks Dee, Mike.

Mike: EE charges MSRP (which isn't too horribly overpriced for Halcyon wings), so I'll probably go semi-local.

*doing the happy dance because he got paid, and will soonish have a BP/Wing setup... maybe just maybe in time for Travis :) *

Jeff

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom