Reappearing River cave

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

nadwidny

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Here is a link to a video from a trip I made last week to the Reappearing River cave in the north part of the island. A bit of a different view of BC than the pretty fishies and critters we usually see.

Reappearing River on Vimeo

[vimeo]14676529[/vimeo]

Very cool!

That's hardly even a dirt road... :wink:

Brian, do you have any idea who did the recent upgrades to the trail?

I'm not sure but they did one hell of a job and I have no doubt it was a lot of work. I'm guessing BC Forest Service. It looked like they finished the job only a week or two before we got there and it is a beautiful little hike...if you don't have to hump gear.

Bill Coltart from Pacific Prodive in Courtenay has heard that they are going to fix the final 6 km (the bushy bit) going in.

That's hardly even a dirt road... :wink:

For the most part the roads were way better than I expected, although after about 4 days my truck was complaining. I didn't realize that BC had such wonderful opportunities for outdoor recreation when you get off the main roads and go explore the logging roads.

In our travels we did wind up in an area that looked like it had just been logged within the past year and that wasn't so good. The main logging roads were great at first but then they started getting washboardy after the rains.

Coolest thing besides the cave was Maynard Lake. Apparently it had been dammed for a few years but they drained it this summer for reasons unknown. The result was quite surreal. There is even a wreck in it, sitting high and dry.

Last edited:
Excellent. Thanks for sharing. Love the music. Do you think ATV's would have been able to handle the trails and help out with the carrying of gear?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom