Reasonable Mac based solution in mid 2023

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You can run subsurface on your Debian vm. Challenge might be accessing ports or Bluetooth from the VM.
Subsurface will run natively on Macs and iPhones.

For any logbook program that can import UDDF (including both Subsurface and Macdive), you can use my open source program AWU2UDDF on the App Store to export dive data from the Apple Watch Ultra into a UDDF file that can be imported into the logbook software.

Subsurface will run natively on Macs and iPhones.

For any logbook program that can import UDDF (including both Subsurface and Macdive), you can use my open source program AWU2UDDF on the App Store to export dive data from the Apple Watch Ultra into a UDDF file that can be imported into the logbook software.
Well, he can compile subsurface on the metal or in the VM.

You know, because it's there.

I warmly suggest that you try the free program PlayOnMac.
It allows to a huge number of Windows programs to run natively on a Mac machine, without the need to install a virtual machine.
Of course on an M1 they will be slower than native M1 apps, but the same happens to Mac programs not recompiled for M1 (which are still Intel-only and run on the Rosetta-2 emulator).
Here: Home - PlayOnMac - Run your Windows applications on Mac easily!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom