Rebreather Insurance?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

v101

Contributor
Reaction score
Hello -
Wanted to get any info from those that were able to get their rebreathers (and other dive equipment) insured via their home owners / renters policies?

As we know breathers are expensive, and we add to that our DPV's and other dive hardware, and if we had to fork out again to replace a stolen unit, I feel id rather have some type of insurance on it.

Just trying to pick everyone's mind on this, good experiences/bad experiences.

In FL, dive gear is covered under Coverage C of a HO Policy

in WA its covered as personal property, no special riders - if I had "art" or guns, or collectibles etc I would have to have them appraised and listed on a special schedule. Scuba gear including CCRs and DPVs has no such requirement.

When I got mine I stopped by my insurance man. Told him I am spending a lot on this diving hobby, beyond what is typical. Not a problem, it was already part of home owner's insurance. Nothing special needed.

Go by your homeowner/renter insurance agent and have a talk with them.

Back
Top Bottom