rebreathers and trim

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That cat is crazy! Just my kind of cat....she climbs the x-mas tree by circularing the fake branches. She has a better personality then some of my ex's.

:)

Warren_L:
I dunno, I was focused on taking a picture at that moment. :wink:

I guess he must have pressed the purge on his bailout, judging from where the bubbles are coming from. Either that or it's coming out of his butt dump on the drysuit. :D

Or he's having a seriously bad day with his P-valve. :D Yea, the horizontal thing on the prism is a pain with the standarn rig. You have a tendancy to float vertical unless you weight it different. A lot of guys use trim pockets mounted on the top of the rig.

Warren_L:
sheboygan-18sep2006-01.jpg
Nice shot buddy!:wink:

Tmccar1:
Or he's having a seriously bad day with his P-valve. :D Yea, the horizontal thing on the prism is a pain with the standarn rig. You have a tendancy to float vertical unless you weight it different. A lot of guys use trim pockets mounted on the top of the rig.

Right - just like on any rig, open circuit or closed circuit, it's a matter of finding the proper weight distribution by adjusting where the weight is positioned. I found with the stock harness on my evolution that much of the weight was in the pouches around the waist harness and some had to be put on top of the head. I didn't like this configuration too much, so I swapped out the harness and put a 12lb steel backplate with my own webbed harness just like on my open circuit doubles and it trims out much better.

Warren_L:
Right - just like on any rig, open circuit or closed circuit, it's a matter of finding the proper weight distribution by adjusting where the weight is positioned. I found with the stock harness on my evolution that much of the weight was in the pouches around the waist harness and some had to be put on top of the head. I didn't like this configuration too much, so I swapped out the harness and put a 12lb steel backplate with my own webbed harness just like on my open circuit doubles and it trims out much better.

Yea, I know a lot of people who use the standard OC backplates. I bought a long plate from Grey Wolf Innovations that is unbelievable. It's stainless steel and you mount the whole rig onto it. It's a bit more work than two bolts with wing nuts though. It's got a beautiful argon bottle holder on the bottom. It's a great system and really helped out some of the trim problems I had with the standard rig. I wonder if you could mount an evolution on it.

Tmccar1:
Yea, the horizontal thing on the prism is a pain with the standarn rig. You have a tendancy to float vertical unless you weight it different.
Never had a problem with that, not in the pool with a 3mm shorty nor in the sea with a drysuit. Balanced beautifully with the CL pouches loaded.

The Greywolf stuff is nice and well made, but not for me.
For the price you can have Enrique at DES make you a full metal frame with cover that's at least as well finished, and for much less you can have a frame that travels better and can take the stock cowling. I'd take either one over the Greywolf plates (or stock plate, for that matter).

Tmccar1:
Yea, I know a lot of people who use the standard OC backplates. I bought a long plate from Grey Wolf Innovations that is unbelievable. It's stainless steel and you mount the whole rig onto it. It's a bit more work than two bolts with wing nuts though. It's got a beautiful argon bottle holder on the bottom. It's a great system and really helped out some of the trim problems I had with the standard rig. I wonder if you could mount an evolution on it.

The Evolution has the standard bolt pattern on the frame which will fit just about any regular backplate. The Inspiration requires a bit more work as there are some modifications to the plate that need to be done to fit it.

Back
Top Bottom