Rec to Tech Computer Options?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Pook-60

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Howdy

I'm looking at buying a backup computer for my Oceanic Pro Plus II consistent with its algorithm (Modified Haldanean / DSAT). I'm not hardover on the algorithm...other than to be consistent in how tissue loading is calculated.

I reviewed the Oceanic site...good stuff...but I'm looking beyond the secondary and tertiary Nitrox options (20-100%) offerred with an eye on trimix capabilities if & when I "evolve" into tech (one shot - one kill...so to speak).

OK...the question: Are there options in the market for a computer like this? Or should I head back to the blackboard for a dedicated tri-mix computer and analog backup for tech profiles?

Just need a vector from somebody to do more research.

TX
Dane

Any fully functional trimix computer that switches gases on the dive is going to be different on the dive than any other nitrox computer. No two will match exactly.

As long as you're researching, have you read the unlimited threads here on SB discussing using a bottom timer and your brain for trimix diving?

Howdy Rick

Yup...read quite a few regarding cranium applications...and there's nothing more reliable than a well-planned dive coupled with basic instrumentation. But I like what computers have to offer by taking some of the task loading off the dive, and I think (as in I really don't know till I'm qualified) that a computer/analog approach may be the best way for my diving style.

I'm hopeful that someone may know of a Modified Haldanean / DSAT option that I haven't found yet.

Thanks Rick,
Dane

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom