Rec Trimix

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

do it easy:
How's the weather over there? I can't tell if it's raining over here or just a 4 way pissing contest?

"Let's have a beer, I would dive with you"

I don't drink, but I'd dive with you. Too many arguments relating to beer. Dark, light, micro, what glass, what temp, warm, cold, domestic, import.......

Recreational beer drinkers are as bad as tech divers. :D

TheRedHead:
Nope, a deco bottle - just in case. My Suunto would not be happy with a 30 min. BT. *waits for lecture on computers*

I've done a dive with a max of 107 and a upwards slope to around 92-ish that my Suunto let me have 32 mins of BT on.

TheRedHead:
Kev, Catherine told me you danced the salsa, but some people just don't dance. :D
Can't we all just get along? (And go Salsa Dancing? It's fun, a good workout, and can probably utilize Triox for it as well!:D )
Interesting thread RH, even if not everyone is acceding to your Point-of-View. . .

On a flat profile, Lamont? How long was your stop? I'm not happy with my Suunto.

TheRedHead:
Soggy, the only thing I'm interested in debating is helium at 100 feet, and my agency TDI, considers Trimix a technical cert. You and I both really understand this. Lamont has been the most helpful in presenting a case for it. In some circumstances, it would be sensible. In some it would be overkill and expensive.

I think all the "recreational trimix/triox" courses are actually technical certs when you look at what they teach vs. what is taught in recreational courses. The thing is that they're at recreational depths and NDL times, and the stuff they teach *should* be in recreational courses. The GUE RecTriox class has also been referred to as "tech 0" (it being before tech 1 and dealing with zero deco gases instead of carrying a single deco bottle). I think that other agencies teach "deco procedures" courses which are deco on backgas? Rec triox is close to those in that it teaches the skills you need when the surface is not immediately available, but does not teach any deco profiles other than 1s to the surface from 1/2 max depth...

Kevrumbo:
Can't we all just get along? (And go Salsa Dancing? It's fun, a good workout, and can probably utilize Triox for it as well!:D )
Interesting thread RH, even if not everyone is acceding to your Point-of-View. . .

I'll dance with you, sugar. :D

TheRedHead:
On a flat profile, Lamont? How long was your stop? I'm not happy with my Suunto.

No, the profile wasn't flat. The 32 mins deep started at 107 after the descent and the sloped upwards to 92 (and i did it on EAN32 :11:)

lamont:
I think that other agencies teach "deco procedures" courses which are deco on backgas? Rec triox is close to those in that it teaches the skills you need when the surface is not immediately available, but does not teach any deco profiles other than 1s to the surface from 1/2 max depth...

I agree with your assessment of your class. Advanced Nitrox teaches accelerated deco up to 100% O2 using a deco bottle and Deco Theory expands on that using dive planning software and introduction to doubles with deeper, longer profiles, up to 150 feet on air.

lamont:
No, the profile wasn't flat. The 32 mins deep started at 107 after the descent and the sloped upwards to 92 (and i did it on EAN32 :11:)

Dang. *smacks the Cobra* I'll have to run some more simulations.

You know, Nitrox was thought too hazardous for recreational divers by a lot of people for quite a while, too. Maybe we'll look back on this argument in ten years with amusement.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom