Recent Belize trip anyone???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

snurktaylor

Reaction score
We are leaving ofr Belize from 6/1-6/8. I have been reading that it is raining ALOT and the viz leaves alot to be desired...considering my diving is all as a "kelpdiver", hence SoCal., what is considered bad viz in Belize? I think the best I've been diving in is about 40ft. and the Red Sea at 100+, but I wasn't yet a diver when we were there. Man we are so so so excited that working Tues and Wed is going to kill me :)

Thank you for any info anyone can share,
Jacqueline

Was there in March for a week. It was a liveaboard (Nekton) and most of diving was wall based. Vis ranged from about 50 to 80 feet and there was a lot of diversity. I have never dove in kelp so I can't give you much of a comparison but after 2 trips to Belize I can honestly say that I have yet to be disappointed.

'Slogger

I was on the Nekton Pilot from May 6-13. Visability was usually about 80ft, water temp was 83 degrees. It did not rain while we were at sea.

snurktaylor,
welcome to this board.
i was on the belize aggressor may 6-13.
never saw any rain, it was sunny all week.
vis was anywhere from 50-80'
water was around 82.
regards,

Thank you so much for taking the time to give me the information......I am so incredibly excited that working today is just pure disgusting!!! Thank you again and I will let everyone know how it was as soon as we return!

Jacqueline

just spent 4.5 months in mexico,, diving playa del carmen and cozumel great diving, then went to ambergris caye in belize ...oh my god it was fantastic bye bye mexico for me anyway the structure of the coral was like cozumel and more fish life than playa where i lived for a couple of years before and been back several times. mind you i dive to take video and picts its alot less relaxed in belize (where i was ) diving was great people excellant..dive shop range from $60-$100 two tank dive, i ended up going with two amigos ..some thing like that they were great, vis..50-80ft , temp 81, i was there jan 15 08 it will be a trip to remember

Ask me in about a week after I get over Having to do my LAST Meso American Barrier Reef dive today. :( I am crying inside.

This week started with 2 days of rain but ended up with 84 weather and 78 water temps from surface to 88 feet. Vis was 45 - 60 feet. From what I hear Belize is at the start of the Dry season.

Original post was May 2006, so, . . .

Original post was May 2006, so, . . .

....and it's STILL RAINING !! :D

Back
Top Bottom